Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Questions.. Why are people questioning Gamboas competition? 2.he beats lopez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions.. Why are people questioning Gamboas competition? 2.he beats lopez?

Now am i the only one who thinks Gamboa has already proven himself without even being a proper champion yet? he has 2 interim belts and has only 18 fights under him plus if he you combine his opponants records the losses doesnt even exceed 100.

Juan Lopez opposition better than Gamboa?

This is ludacrus to even question Gamboa as a fighter hes the truth and Juan knowz it thats why he wont sign yet.

Sorry for my spelling this is the internet afterall and not a ****ing english class im sure you all can use your common sense to work out what i said.

Juan Manuel lopez would go to sleep for the rest of his life if he faced Gamboa now haha

Comment

I like Juanma. I really do. I think he's a great fighter. But he's making a mistake in not fighting Gamboa now. Right now, Juanma has a chance. If Gamboa gets a chance to polish himself over the next year or so and then fights Juanma, Juanma is done...and I don't think it's going to be pretty.

My gut tells me that based soley on physical prowess Gamboa beats Juanma any day of the week right now- too fast, too powerful, too good. His technical defects are not enought to hold him back, and it's not as if Juanma doesn't have his share. However, with a little more work on his defects, he embarrasses Juanma. Straight-up!

Comment

Count me in. I agree with you both.

Especially after seeing that flash KD from Juan-Ma agaist Barnabe. If that was Gamboa's left hook, GAME OVER

Comment

If Gamboa can just polish his game a bit more, he could be entering Roy Jones territory.

Comment

1st Thats like saying Cotto has proven has proven himself cause he has fought 18 Michael Jennings(as in 18 guys with 34 wins and 1 loss).

If any of the guys Gamboa beat would have become a champion, then you could say Gamboa has fought live competition.

Lets look at his most impressive opponents:

Adailton De Jesus-One of the guys to knock down Gamboa, since his 6 round loss to Gamboa, he has compiled a 7-2 record, his most impressive win being a majority decision over a guy with a 4-0 record and his losses, a 1st round ko to an unknown argentinian, and a wide decision to Marco Barrera.

Johnnie Edwards- since his 1st round tko loss to Gamboa he has compiled a 2-3 record.

Darling Jimenez-he retired after his UD loss to Gamboa.

Al Seeger-1-1 record after his 1st round ko to Gamboa.

Jose Rojas-his best opponent to date, Rojas has been a career contender, and most of his losses have been to world champions. He retired after his 10 round tko loss to Gamboa.

Marcos Ramirez-another of the guys that knocked down Gamboa, he hasnt fought after his 2nd round ko loss to Gamboa.

Jonathan Barros-one of those guys with a record full of crappy opposition, he returned with a win after his 12 round decision loss to Gamboa.

Comment

2nd Juanma has beaten 2 world champions and he is younger than Gamboa, probably when he is Gamboas age, he will have beaten more.

Gamboa meanwhile is fighting his first titlist in his career in Rojas.

Do these posts answer your questions?

Comment

Originally posted by sterling View Post
                Now am i the only one who thinks Gamboa has already proven himself without even being a proper champion yet? he has 2 interim belts and has only 18 fights under him plus if he you combine his opponants records the losses doesnt even exceed 100.

Juan Lopez opposition better than Gamboa?

This is ludacrus to even question Gamboa as a fighter hes the truth and Juan knowz it thats why he wont sign yet.

Sorry for my spelling this is the internet afterall and not a ****ing english class im sure you all can use your common sense to work out what i said.
                Juanma hasn't signed because Bob Arum manages both fighters and there is no contract to sign.

He's lining up easy opponents for both of them so he can have them fight eachother in 2011 when they're both more established names.

This is why neither one of these putos will fight Caballero. These two get tagged too much and Cab is a big puncher.

Also, people question Gamboa's competition simply because he hasn't fought ANYBODY. I can't believe you even asked that. I hope your question was rhetorical so I don't have to judge you.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
                  2nd Juanma has beaten 2 world champions and he is younger than Gamboa, probably when he is Gamboas age, he will have beaten more.

Gamboa meanwhile is fighting his first titlist in his career in Rojas.

Do these posts answer your questions?
                  Ha u forget to state juan's competition lmao. Gamboa is a interim champ WBA and WBC! he has fought world champions but no full champs because Chris john dont want none with him, to be honest he has been avoided more then anything intill now.
                  I cant even remember seeing Juan ever beat anyone noteworthy really but dont get me wrong he had a good run in bantam division and he beat a solid fighter in steven luavano.
                  But the guy was knowned down by conception lmao if that was gamboa it would of been good night.
                  You know the truth and Gamboa is it, Im just going to wait til lopez grows some balls.
                  Are you saying Lopez will beat Gamboa ? Is that what you gettin at?
                  CAN WE PLEASE REMEMBER GAMBOA HAS EVEN PAST 20 FIGHTS YET LMAO JUAN LOPEZ HAS THE EXPERIANCE YET HE FEARS GAMBOA HE KNOWS IT TOO.
                  FACTS = HE LOSSES TO GAMBOA

Comment

JUAN HASNT EVEN FOUGHT A UNDEFEATED FIGHTER WHO HASNT GOT DRAWS.
                    GAMBOA FOUGHT MARCOS RAMIREZ WHO WAS NO PUSH OVER TO SAY THE LEAST IN HIS 13TH FIGHT?
                    HES NEVER FOUGHT ANYONE WITH A LOSING RECORD!
                    THIS IS JUS RIDICULAS LMAO THIS FIGHT GOING TO BE FUNNY TO WATCH.

Rant over/
                    sorry for caps

Comment

Working...
                    X