Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should GGG follow Khans lead and move up because fights he wants arent being made

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Pretty much everyone that's been in his position did that. He's not some special snowflake.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      Say what you want about Khan but he has always made these 3 things clear.

1) He wanted to retire by 30
      2) He wants to fight the best
      3) He only wants big fights

people crap on Khan....Amir ****, Amir Cant etc...but one thing for sure is this guy has a good resume and has shown he wants to fight the best....fights he wanted were not made...he wanted Bradley at 140, never happened....he wanted Mayweather never happened....he should be fighting the PBC guys but Porter and Thurman are fighting each other and he doesnt see a fight with Garcia happening anytime soon especially considering what Angel said in regards to a rematch

Khan has balls....he jumped to face one of boxings cash cows and its a win-win situation....PPV will do big numbers, its a winnable fight for him, and adding the WBC title will add to his legacy

should GGG do the same, because there in unrest between the fans about his opponents recently. Should he move up?
      No canelo can't hide forever at 155.

Comment

Khan has so many options to fight good fighters who are chasing him hard and he chose the biggest cashcow he could that would fight him 2 divisions above.

If GGG had the ability to fight Froch super middleweight which is the equivalent of canelo at SMW (except Canelo brings a bit more money) then he would, infact he tried to do it so yoru point is moot. i dont see anyone two divisions higher that brings even 1/4 of the money canelo does for Khan.

Stevenson/Kovalev/Ward fights at 175 would't bring GGG anything near what khan is making vs. Canelo (like i said less than a quarter)

that being said i think he should move up anyways and take on degale or Jack

Comment

Originally posted by meme_man View Post
          No canelo can't hide forever at 155.
          this fight is proving that theory wrong...he'll probably rematch Lara after this in september

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            this fight is proving that theory wrong...he'll probably rematch Lara after this in september
            If he do **** him. So he going to hold the middleweight title hostage smh...

Comment

No. All Khan wanted was the big money fight, and that's exactly what he got, no matter how ridiculous it was.

And that was after acting like a diva for almost 2 years... now all the sudden the story has changed and he's a warrior. Get outta here. He wanted to get paid and he's getting paid. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                No. All Khan wanted was the big money fight, and that's exactly what he got, no matter how ridiculous it was.

And that was after acting like a diva for almost 2 years... now all the sudden the story has changed and he's a warrior. Get outta here. He wanted to get paid and he's getting paid. End of story.
                His willing to get Brutally knocked out to get that pay check so yeah his a warrior.

Comment

There is no money fight if he moves up.

Comment

I think Khan should be imitating GGG. Imagine if Khan had GGGs approach instead of stalking the big names while staying inactive. If he would've stayed busy these past few years and fought the best opposition that was available and willing to fight him, he'd, potentially, be a WW champ moving up to face the lineal MW champ with a chance of staying at 154 to grab another title.

Instead his been pretty inactive, never good for someone with a weak chin, and desperately chasing the nearest cash cow around his weight. Besides, I think Khan is ultimately trying to lure Mayweather back by beating Alvarez and getting the WBC strap around his waist. If the WBC continues their own trend, Khan could potentially defend his belt against Mayweather while GGG stays waiting for someone to either face him or wait for them to be stripped of the belt he wants.
                    Last edited by Zaryu; 02-03-2016, 06:46 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure GGG would go to SMW if he can get paid 7-8 million a fight. Problem is no one in SMW and him is gonna have that earning potential. Not gonna hate on GGG to wait on his money train I just don't see him getting that chance with Canelo though.

Can we stop with praising Khan like he some fearless warrior. If the money's not there I'm 100% sure he wouldn't fight Canelo. There's nothing wrong with chasing money but lets stop acting like he's doing it for respect or glory.

Comment

Working...
                      X