No announcement yet.

Beauty vlogger in trouble for not creditiing Black people for hairstyle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beauty vlogger in trouble for not creditiing Black people for hairstyle

Wow, apparently she is culturally appropriating black african culture, they have an outrage saying she needs to credit and dress that hair style by the african name bantu, she is stealing the style. this is becoming pathetic

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/beauty-...593405494.html

So people make articles off YouTube comments these days huh? Then try and make a race issue? What lazy writer's. No one cares

Comment

What's with all the race bait threads?

Comment

Originally posted by tyger View Post
        What's with all the race bait threads?
        Jealousy??

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          Wow, apparently she is culturally appropriating black african culture, they have an outrage saying she needs to credit and dress that hair style by the african name bantu, she is stealing the style. this is becoming pathetic

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/beauty-...593405494.html
          Come on honkey find a new theme!

Pinoy boy toys?

Comment

Who cares stop making all these race sjw threads

Comment

lmao..... People need to get a life

LOL at "controversial video"

Comment

This article on yahoo news has been viewed by millions, and made a big deal over HAIR and not calling it by its African name, this is sad and pathetic.

How come Yahoo allowed this race baiting article?

Should we tell Black people to stop wearing skinny jeans and using skateboards now or to stop wearing pants? this has gone too far

Comment

How can you invent that? My hair looks like that when I get out of bed in the morning

Real story: "Outraged black women demand white women stop being prettier than them"... Lets be honest. Once that mob forms there's no stopping it.
                  Last edited by ////; 07-04-2016, 02:41 AM.

Comment

I don't see why people are making a big deal out of this. This is the YT video's description:

"Lately alot of you guys have been asking me about a new curly hair tutorial. I have therefor done a new video, for all of you that wanna try another technique to curl hair with no heat. I just loved how curly my hair got with this technique!
                    Let me know what you guys think!

After that I shared this video on my Instagram, ppl started telling me that the teqnique I was using was from Africa - WHICH IS CALLEDN Bantu Knots. I didnīt knew that, till everyone startet commenting about that. If knew from the start that this teqnique was African, I would for sure call it Bantu Knots.

So, bantu knots is really one of the best teqniques to get curly hair with no heat!"

She didn't say that she made a completely new hairstyle and even added that it is called the Bantu Knot when people pointed it out. Dafuq is wrong with people? Plus, I saw 2 other videos on the right side of the screen while checking the YT video with the exact same hairstyle and they also called it "curly hair no heat" just like this one. Do people have to know the actual names of hairstyles so these sensitive crybabies would stop being offended?

Comment

Working...
                    X