Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you regard as the greatest southpaw of all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagler!!!!

Comment

Definitely not Hagler.

Comment

Pac or Whitaker. That'd be a helluva fight prime vs prime.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
          Sweet Pea.
          Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post

That is all.
          Originally posted by just the facts View Post
          Tough call, I'll tale Whitaker
          Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker
          Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
          gotta be sweet p
          Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          Definitely Sweet Pea imo.

Comment

This is a really tough one, I've almost always ranked Hagler above Pacquiao and Whitaker on ATG lists but there's no doubt Pacquiao is the most accomplished of the three but Hagler ruled one of boxing's glamour divisions. Whitaker ranks third any which way.

In terms of recent times, I'd give guys like Calzaghe, Naz and Martinez a shout, based on ability and being the man in their respective divisions.

Why are people mentioning Tendler and Corbett? How many of their fights have they watched?

Comment

I got to go with Pac over Hagler but its close. The thing that separates them is the Hagler was right handed and never really developed his straight left hand. He used his left to set up his right hook which was his go to KO.

Manny after Morales developed his right hook to go along with what was always a dynamite left hand.

That is kind of the thing with southpaws. Either their right is no damn good or they are converted orthodox and their left is no damn good. Manny is really the first ATG southpaw we have seen who had thunder in both hands.

If you want a clinic on how to be a two handed aggressive southpaw Manny really is the go to film to watch.
              Last edited by GTTofAK; 02-16-2016, 12:49 PM.

Comment

slight edge to pac over whitaker.
                pac tore thru the divisions mainly by his left hand especially in the lower weights.

hagler next.

Comment

The best I saw was Whitaker.

Comment

I've got Pernell Whitaker at #1.

Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
                    The thing that separates them is the Hagler was right handed and never really developed his straight left hand. He used his left to set up his right hook which was his go to KO.
                    I've always found that rather curious. Hagler was one of the most well-rounded and versatile fighters you'll see. Yet he had an under-developed straight left hand. His left uppercut was better.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                      It has to be PACQUAIO simply because no fighter has ever matched him in weight divisons and that's including orthodox fighters so if it's just being a southpaw...plus he has been the most dominant over the longest period of time so he skates it in my eyes...I would say hagler is second.....and Rocky balboa is third lol
                      whats the point of fighting in a lot of weight classes when you dont always fight the best in the divison....also you must be smoking that good ish if you think going from 106 kid to 147 is ground breaking

Many fighters in history beat world class fighters across the weights...Jimmy McClarnin defeated fighters who were champs/titleholders from flyweight-middleweight

Sam Langforde beat hall of famers from lightweight-heavyweight

Mickey Walker was a welterweight champion who fought hall of fame lt heavies and heavies with success

people get caught up with the divisons when they dont know much about the history of boxers

that 150 title was a joke...titles at 8 weights only 8 are lineal....How was he so "dominant" when he fought Marquez but couldnt beat him decisively in 4 tries, lost to a past prime Morales, KTFO by JMM and 2 early losses

wanna see dominance, go watch sweet pea before he was in his 30's...made good and great fighters look silly...he had the edge in skill and dominance.

Comment

Working...
                      X