Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whose Style Would Be More Difficult For Ward To Deal With -- Froch OR Groves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groves without a doubt. His speed and jab (when he wants to use it) are big weapons but atm I've seen nothing to suggest Ward wouldn't find a way to win.

Comment

It's kinda like the Khan/Maidana situation with regards to Floyd.

You'd expect Ward to beat both but Groves would cause him some different issues especially early on with his speed and movement.

Comment

Groves. Froch just can't compete with Ward for lack of speed. He's a helluva fighter though. But what he has just ain't gonna work on Ward. Groves might make it interesting but I'd still make Ward a strong strong favorite over him.

Comment

Why are people talking like Ward-Froch never happened?

Comment

don't see either Groves or Froch--who's already been clearly UD'd by Ward--giving Ward any trouble whatsoever

Comment

It's Froch, Ward may have sliced through Froch but it was a difficult process. Groves doesn't have Froch's conditioning or toughness, Groves literally fell apart in the second half after Froch landed some clean punches, he looked to be in panic mode.

Comment

It must be Groves, Ward didn't have any difficulty with Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  If groves lands the shot he landed on froch on ward, ward goes to sleep.

And ward has to avoid it for 12 rounds because he has feather duster hands.

he's also slower than groves.

I think it'd be his toughest night yet.
                  Ward slower than Groves? I don't think so. And he doesn't have feather duster hands. He is not a concussive puncher, but he has enough power to make any opponent respect him.

To answer OP's question: Groves, but not by much. Neither can beat Ward imo. The best I can see for Groves is a semi-close UD loss.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                    It must be Groves, Ward didn't have any difficulty with Froch.
                    Ward won the early rounds pretty easy but he was in survival mode by the end of the fight, Froch had him running for his life!

Comment

Working...
                    X