No announcement yet.

Judges shouldn't score fights from ringside anymore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
    I've been to live fights... Some looked entirely one-sided in person, but far closer on TV... Others were the other way around
    This is my point...if you were sitting up close what your eyes saw is what happened. If you are sitting ringside you will see small details that you wouldn't see otherwise like maybe eyes rolling for a brief second. That is why sometimes it looks like the ref stops a fight prematurely on TV because he standing right next to the guy and sees his eyes roll...he knows the guy's in trouble yet you at home thinks it was an early stoppage because there is no way the camera picked that up.
    Last edited by jaded; 11-10-2013, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      This is my point...if you were sitting up close what your eyes saw is what happened. If you are sitting ringside you will see small details that you wouldn't see otherwise like maybe eyes rolling for a brief second. That is why sometimes it looks like the ref stops a fight prematurely on TV because he standing right next to the guy and sees his eyes roll...he knows the guy's in trouble yet you at home thinks it was an early stoppage because there is no way the camera picked that up.
      Okay... So a guy sitting at one end of the ring, no the floor behind a table, with ropes obscuring his vision can see a guys eyeballs rolling in his head on the other side of the ring??

In the final moments of Corrales vs Castillo, in once camera angle, it looked like the fight was stopped prematurely... Yes
      But thanks to the resource of having another camera angle handy, you could see Castillo was out on his feet

That's the whole point, man... MULTIPLE CAMERA ANGLES... THAT is the advantage

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
        Aaaahh... A Bradley fan I see...

Lol, JK
        LMAO,but for real tho..Sometimes people see a different fight,and have a different perspective..I mean last night and fights like Lara Pwill are so obvious,so I can understand why people get mad at those kinda cards in fights like that..

If you take certain facts out of the sport,I just believe it becomes less interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          LMAO,but for real tho..Sometimes people see a different fight,and have a different perspective..I mean last night and fights like Lara Pwill are so obvious,so I can understand why people get mad at those kinda cards in fights like that..

If you take certain facts out of the sport,I just believe it becomes less interesting..
          There's still subjectivity... Some judges like pressure fighters, some like defensive boxers, some score activity, some score precision punching, etc, etc, etc...

It's all still there... Close fights can still be made interesting

Just horse**** robberies lose all credibility, no more claims of seeing things different, no more claims of being influenced by the crowd... Just obvious corruption, and hopefully more curb kicking

Comment

Working...
          X