No announcement yet.

Daniel Santos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Santos

I'm watching him fight Yory Boy Campas and I'm actually a little bored. I've heard this guy has good power, a shaky chin and good boxing technique, but he looks awfully tentative in the ring.

Is he exciting at all and this is a bad performance or, what?

Is he any good? I know he was beaten by Kofi Jantuah, and another good fighter (I guess, I've never heard of him and he had a pretty decent record) named Kotiev or something.

He also holds a win over Antonio Margarito at 154.

Then he lost a decision to Sergei Dzinziruk, but got himself back on track by KO'ing undefeated WBA champion Joachim Alcine recently.

Okay, so if anyone has anything to add, please do, because I'm looking to learn about this guy.

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
    I'm watching him fight Yory Boy Campas and I'm actually a little bored. I've heard this guy has good power, a shaky chin and good boxing technique, but he looks awfully tentative in the ring.

Is he exciting at all and this is a bad performance or, what?

Is he any good? I know he was beaten by Kofi Jantuah, and another good fighter (I guess, I've never heard of him and he had a pretty decent record) named Kotiev or something.

He also holds a win over Antonio Margarito at 154.

Then he lost a decision to Sergei Dzinziruk, but got himself back on track by KO'ing undefeated WBA champion Joachim Alcine recently.

Okay, so if anyone has anything to add, please do, because I'm looking to learn about this guy.
    I would say that the older Daniel Santos that fought Alcine looked superior to the one that fought Campas. He has actually looked quite good since the layoff following the previous title loss, I'm not sure if he changed his training or something.

Comment

He is a very good technical boxer, counterpunching and not getting hit is his game, he was a more exciting boxer before he lost to Jantuah, he changed his style a bit after that fight, his chin is OK at 154, at 147, it was a bit shaky. He's one of those guys who'll make you look bad whether he wins or loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        He is a very good technical boxer, counterpunching and not getting hit is his game, he was a more exciting boxer before he lost to Jantuah, he changed his style a bit after that fight, his chin is OK at 154, at 147, it was a bit shaky. He's one of those guys who'll make you look bad whether he wins or loses.
        Doesn't really sound like my kind of fighter...

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Marg's haters grossly overrate his bull**** majority TD over Marg, and that's how he's most known. Santos is actually a good all round fighter, just not an especially spectacular one. I'd like to see him against Pwill if Pwill don't get Sergei.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
            Doesn't really sound like my kind of fighter...

Thanks for the info!
            No problem.

Comment

Working...
            X