Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pavlik tix disappear fast! Cotto-Jenning tickets on sale Tuesday

Pavlik tix disappear fast!
    Cotto-Jenning tickets on sale Tuesday

World middleweight champion Kelly “The Ghost” Pavlik’s homecoming February 21 title defense against No. 1 contender Marco Antonio Rubio is a hot ticket. According to Eric Ryan, the executive director of the Chevrolet Centre, 5,000 tickets were sold within 12 minutes of them going on sale this morning at 10 a.m. ET. Fans braving the cold, wind and snow began lining up at 11:30 p.m. Friday night. According to The Vindicator, Youngstown’s daily newspaper, “Some 200 people were lined up outside the building by 9 a.m., and that number had doubled by the time tickets went on sale an hour later.” The Chevrolet Centre can accommodate 7,000 seats.

The Pavlik-Rubio world middleweight championship fight, along with the Miguel Cotto-Michael Jennings WBO welterweight title tilt at Madison Square Garden, will headline an exciting two-city, two-title pay-per-view extravaganza broadcast live on Saturday, February 21, beginning at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT.

Tickets to the Cotto-Jennings Madison Square Garden event go on sale this Tuesday! January 13, at Noon ET. Priced at $500, $300, $200, $100, and $50, they can be purchased at the Garden Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets or online at www.thegarden.com.

Remaining tickets to the Pavlik-Rubio Chevrolet Centre event, priced at $500, $300 and $200, can be purchased at Ticketmaster.com, Retail Locations, including Giant Eagle and Macy’s, or charge by phone at (800) 745-3000 or (866) 448-7849. Tickets are also available at the Chevrolet Centre Box Office. Additional fees may be applicable. There will be a ticket limit of eight (8) per customer.

The Cotto vs. Jennings / Pavlik vs. Rubio pay-per-view telecast, beginning at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT, has a suggested retail price of $44.95. The telecast will be available in HD-TV for those viewers who can receive HD. For Cotto vs. Jennings / Pavlik vs. Rubio fight week updates, log on to www.toprank.com.

Another $50 on a damn PPV..although this fight card seems to be getting stacked I think $34.99 would have been a better price and would probably produce more buys..

From what I've been keeping up wit this card I've seen some pretty big names such as

Cotto-Jennings
    Pavlik-Rubio
    Calderon-TBA??
    Clottey-Cintron??

I've even seen somewhere that Juanma might even end up on this card..don't know how true it is but I gotta say the $50 is damn worth it for Hardcore fans..but not the casuals unless they are hometown favorites like Pavlik..

You guys buying this?

I think they should of held the fight in Cleveland. It isnt that far from Youngstown and they could of probably got 12k or so in the Quicken Loans arena. Instead they r going to hold it in a 7000 seat arena which will sell out but they coulda got more people. I am buying the PPV since the card is good and Cotto is my favorite fighter. Besides the Cotto fight the other 3-4 fights make a better PPV then what we have seen in a long time. Arum is doing a good job with this one.

Comment

is the clottey vs cintron and calderon fight both at msg with the cotto fight? if so then i'll be there thanks for the info!

Comment

If the Clottey Cintron fight is on this card, then I'm buying it, no doubt.

Comment

Yeah, Clottey vs. Cintron almost makes this worth 50. ALMOST. feel bad for Cintron though.

Comment

i probably go to the cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by checkmania View Post
              I think they should of held the fight in Cleveland. It isnt that far from Youngstown and they could of probably got 12k or so in the Quicken Loans arena. Instead they r going to hold it in a 7000 seat arena which will sell out but they coulda got more people. I am buying the PPV since the card is good and Cotto is my favorite fighter. Besides the Cotto fight the other 3-4 fights make a better PPV then what we have seen in a long time. Arum is doing a good job with this one.
              I think Youngstown is a good choice.

Selling 7000 tickets to a 7000 seat arena is better than selling 8500 in a 12000 seater. The atmosphere will be great for this fight and the packed house will look good for the Tv audience.

Comment

Working...
              X