No announcement yet.

David Haye declined an Aerrola fight!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .Rogelio. View Post
    both klitscho's have fights already signed. Haye and arreola don't. why not fight?
    i think wlad is still available

Comment

Of course he would decline when he could fight Wlad first.

I don't know what's more obvious, Haye saying no or Arrerola out to eat.

Comment

I'd like to see it.

The bad thing is. If one beats the other, it sets the other one back about two years. Then, the champs will avoid one more genuine danger man in favour of someone who is merely picking up the paycheck.

On balance, for both guys, it probably doesn't make sense. Both are close to title shots.

Comment

Originally posted by .Rogelio. View Post
          After the fight at the Espnzone accross from staples Aerrola happened to sit right next to us and we were talking bout the fight and his plans. I asked him who he was going to fight next and said he wasn't sure. After klitscho negotiations broke off they offered haye a fight and the winner gets Wlad. Haye declined it. They didn't say nothing other then they weren't interested and would just wait for one the klitschos. Chris was very down to earth, normal mexican dude! He's friends who were like 5-7, 5-10 kept cracking jokes on him they were fun to hang out with! He also picked up my tab!! Bigger fan than I already was of his!

Calm down with that Areola talk. Your man may be strong, and i'll give him that...but he's no seasoned boxer. I could careless less about his amateur history. Prime example is his fight with Travis Walker. The man was dropped several times, and he revert to bad habits i.e Brute strength and he ate a lot of blows for his knockdown effort that night. In as much as i hate the Klitschkos, Wlad will use his jab to distance Areola all night long. Areola will be a sitting duck out there with a jelly for a face. I like Areola, i really do, i love his story, and while he might be strong...extremely strong, but Vitali only will clean his clock at this point in his career.

I know it's HBO's job to hype guys like hims and Berto. But they might be overhyping a bit. Just my opinion.

Comment

You can say what you want about Arreola, but he's an exciting fighter and seems very down to earth. I wish him all the luck in 2009.

Comment

Arreola would put a beating on the overrated Haye.

Comment

Since Arreola Haye isn't going to happen why not either guy fight a Kevin Johnson type. Someone who is somewhat hyped but not a big ko threat and will come for less money.
                And I bet Showtime would buy it.

Comment

They need to make this fight eventually. Just imagine watching Gaye vs. The Nipple.

It would be a highly entertaining bout, that would end in a very fast KO for one of the two.

The Nipple is a live underdog in this one, Gaye's chin hasn't really been tested at Heavyweight. But if Gaye is able to land one of his Gayemakers, it will be all over for the Nipple.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    You can say what you want about Arreola, but he's an exciting fighter and seems very down to earth. I wish him all the luck in 2009.
                    Couldnt agree more. i would like to see him in better shape though

Comment

Working...
                    X