No announcement yet.

What is the point of this drill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhiteCollar View Post
    No but I will ask. Just been stalking his channel a little. A lot of weird stuff I have never seen.
    For Christ sake Barry, at least grow a pair and just come in without lying out of your ass trying to fool people with this lame attempt at scoring business under your latest imbecilic guise. Grow the **** up you muppet.

Comment

it's that imbecile Barry Robinson

Comment

the wall sit might be ment to replicate a 10-15 second period of constant high intensity foot work, combine with the bag work and the goal is to make the person more capable after a 10-15 second period of high intensity footwork.

Comment

Personally i would think jumpsquats paired with heavy bag would do a better job in explosiveness. Wall sits seem counterproductive in the long run because it lacks the repetition and movement needed to build muscle.

Comment

Never saw this before but it resembles the work you would put in using "duck walks"! Tension on the calves and hamstrings using your own body weight.

As for the punches its not working n power its the opposite. The youngster is punching "off the bag" not into it! He never pronates any shots and his hip turn is ineffective because his head is to far in front of his hips.
            Just because someone is routing the kid on to punch hard doesn't make his shots hard. He sinks nothing into bag, never punches threw to the target beyond.
            Also the use of his vocal chords to release air is not a good choice!

Good looking kid but he needs a trainer who has power punching techniques
            to help him on the inside. He can start by working "on the bag" with a 360 degree steps and also work in the finish off the last punch just for practice. You don't need to do it all the time when working power but to finish the bag routine using the finishing head moves is wise to do.

Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteCollar View Post
              Does anyone know the point of this drill?

What is the point of this drill?
              Does anyone know the point of pretending to be somebody else and talking about your actual self in the third person?

What is the point of pretending to be someone else?

My girlfriend is a clinical psychologist, do you need me to ask her recommendations for psychological treatment Barry? This is very strange behaviour to say the least.

Comment

Working...
              X