No announcement yet.

Is Compubox valid or not valid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

absolutely not

its been proven to be wrong on several occasions over the past 10 years ive been watching boxing

Comment

one for the fl0mos

Comment

those punchstats for castillo floyd I are way off imo

they were counting punches landing on arms and elbows

i had that fight 114-112 floyd

Comment

Compubox is not perfect but it the best we have for the purpose. Judges are not perfect either and they sometimes make terrible judgements, but overall they get it right. The only way to make it better would be to remove the human element from it and that would not be possible with today's tech. If someone has a better way to do it, I suggest you invest some money and build it, then conduct extensive testing at your own expense and finally contact the television networks to do a demo of your new system and prove that it is better and you will become a very wealthy man.

Until then, either use it as a tool, one of many, or disregard it entirely. Your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Since May 2nd i have seen posters who lived and died by compubox now discredit it..They used it to say Floyd lost to Castillo,used it to say Manny beat Jmm in the 2nd and 3rd fight..but now all the sudden it does not apply? So is it valid or not valid?
            i watched a few rounds of May 2nd in slow motion and I have to say I saw quite a discrepancy...so maybe it's validity leaves doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              it's not accurate at all as far as punches landed. punches thrown maybe since that is easy but throwing punches doesn't matter. in mayweather pac i did my own numbers and they inflated floyd's landed punches by about 40 percent. then there is calzaghe/hopkins which was a complete joke. 220 landed by calzaghe when he was just hitting air. wrong. fail.
              Right and the clinching didn't matter in Calzaghe-Hopkins but now you can't stop crying like a little girl about clinching.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  one for the fl0mos

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  those punchstats for castillo floyd I are way off imo

they were counting punches landing on arms and elbows

i had that fight 114-112 floyd
                  Ok but this is where most run to in order to say Floyd lost to Castillo

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    Ok but this is where most run to in order to say Floyd lost to Castillo
                    it was an extrremely close fight

could have gone either way

most people , including the hbo commentary team, had it for castillo

but the compubox stats were a complete joke in that fight

Comment

It can give an indication. It can support a point of view. But, imo, on it's own is in no way definitive.

Comment

Working...
                      X