No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto on Camacho: I remember him as a great champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto on Camacho: I remember him as a great champ

The past year has watched boxing lose significant pieces of its rich history with the passing of several ring legends.

Hector Camacho was the most recent member of the boxing fraternity to receive an honorary 10-count. The former three-division champ was taken off life support on November 24, four days after being fatally shot in his native Puerto Rico.

The wounds still run deep worldwide. The boxing-rich island which he proudly represented is still reeling from the loss. Among them is Miguel Cotto, who was forced to hear the news while putting the finishing touches on training camp for his December 1 showdown with Austin Trout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Camacho was a human just like everyone and like human he was he made few error in his life just like everybody,the diference was that he was a star,macho with his style change the game and was a great boxer and a 3 diferent weight champ and not everybody can do that............r.i.p hector macho camacho[seguuuudooo]

Comment

Commemorative Camacho Trunks would be good for Saturday's fight.

Comment

Macho Camacho Had More Ballz Than Mayweather; Macho Would've Fought Pacquiao In A Sec

Macho Camacho would have been a helluva fight with Pacquiao. Macho wouldn't have wasted a second signing that fight. Floyd Junior is more of a puzzy hand picking opponents. Floyd Junior is not the fighter Camacho was.

Comment

Rest in Peace Campeón!

Guerra Cotto!

Comment

A big win for cotto will be a great tribute for camacho R.I.P champ

Comment

I'll remember Camacho as a tough SOB. He had balls of steel and heart unlike ****s today like Cotto, Quintana, and Dulorme. Camacho just died and is already turning in his grave at this faggotry. SMH.

Comment

Some clowns don't appreciate Camacho because he was flashy, but the man had extraordinary skill and incredible heart. To this day Chávez, who rarely hides his dislike for several PR fighters, speaks very highly of Camacho, not only because of skill, but because of heart also. If someone who was once an enemy can see this I don't see why there have to be trolls trying to discredit Camacho after his death. I saw some Youtube comments the other night and they were pathetic and disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
                  Macho Camacho would have been a helluva fight with Pacquiao. Macho wouldn't have wasted a second signing that fight. Floyd Junior is more of a puzzy hand picking opponents. Floyd Junior is not the fighter Camacho was.
                  In his peak years, Camacho would have been all over an opponent like Mayweather, and would have turned him upside-down and inside-out. To this day, is only rival for speed and footwork combined I'd say, was Roy Jones. As for Cotto, there is no comparison in skill, heart, durability. Camacho was a star, about whom I've written several times over the years.

I first heard of him when he put together a string of about 4-5 successive KOs against top opposition. He was described as a blazing comet-in a strictly political newspaper which never reported on boxing. I remember I was living in the Middle-East and I think he was the 130 lb. champ.
                  Last edited by edgarg; 11-27-2012, 01:14 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
                    Commemorative Camacho Trunks would be good for Saturday's fight.
                    That would be very nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X