No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TED....4/10.

Thought it was crap. Not funny at all imo. Love Family Guy, but this i didnt get.

A teddy bear smoking...a teddy bear swearing....a teddy bear shagging.... funny how?

Comment

• saw argo the other day. it was shite.

& i don't usually like wes anderson but moonrise kingdom is a nice film.

Comment

• Prometheus - 5.5/10

Horrible thriller about finding the E.T. planet/creators of humans. Terrible plot twists, could of been a great movie. Somewhat disgusting actually and the plot really leaves you questioning why the writers even wrote it like this. Garbage, yet it's that good garbage.. yknow? I'd recommend it to anyone who is into sci-fi thrillers or halfway decent movies in general.

Comment

• Silent Hill Revelations 5/10

Good special effects do not make up for a rushed story and a less than memorable antagonist even within the realm of the video games which are still superior that this movie.

On another note I actually liked the first Silent Hill film as it actually had a good atmosphere and story and at least tried to capture different elements of the game series.

Taken 2 2/10

Disappointing, a joke compared to the first film " Kim throw grenades at random places I will pin point where i am dog" BAD.

King Of New York 10/10

Christopher Walken and Laurence Fishburne made this movie and despite it's unevenness in both plot and story it's still a great and gritty gangster movie that alongside The Funeral and Bad Lieutenant is among Abel Ferraras best.

Comment

• Oz The Great and Powerful

7.5/10
            Took the kids to see it
            It wasn't bad I was just expecting a little more.

Comment

• Flight
              Release date: November 2, 2012
              Denzel Washington, Kelly Reilly

Finally got to see it this afternoon, it was good but not amazing like I was expecting

7.5/10

Comment

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                Flight
                Release date: November 2, 2012
                Denzel Washington, Kelly Reilly

Finally got to see it this afternoon, it was good but not amazing like I was expecting

7.5/10
                Agreed. I thought it was going to be so much better. Still a great flick.

Before I die. I want to see Denzel in a comedy, or hosting SNL. Has to happen.

Comment

• Flight - 7/10 Typical Denzel. Took a different direction than I thought from watching the trailers. The crash scene was the highlight for sure. Really good stuff. Nice addition of some comedy with Goodman's character.

End of Watch - 8/10 The POV thing has it's cons but when it works it works. Some of the scenes look like a good ass episode of cops and thats fine by me. Also felt ltike the director did a good job getting you to root for the lead characters.

Silver Linings Playbook - 7/10 Started out promising then kind of slowly went down hill. Bradley Cooper was the highlight of this film by far. I felt the movie could have finished a lot stronger. Ending felt kind of cheap to me though funny.

5 Year Engagement - 8/10 Emily Blunt is really hot and Jason Segal is really funny to me. SO I might be bias. This one was funny though and not a bad story to go with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    Flight - 7/10 Typical Denzel. Took a different direction than I thought from watching the trailers. The crash scene was the highlight for sure. Really good stuff. Nice addition of some comedy with Goodman's character.

End of Watch - 8/10 The POV thing has it's cons but when it works it works. Some of the scenes look like a good ass episode of cops and thats fine by me. Also felt ltike the director did a good job getting you to root for the lead characters.

Silver Linings Playbook - 7/10 Started out promising then kind of slowly went down hill. Bradley Cooper was the highlight of this film by far. I felt the movie could have finished a lot stronger. Ending felt kind of cheap to me though funny.

5 Year Engagement - 8/10 Emily Blunt is really hot and Jason Segal is really funny to me. SO I might be bias. This one was funny though and not a bad story to go with it.
                    I agree ^^^

especially that last scene when he was called in to sober him up with the coke

Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                      Flight - 7/10 Typical Denzel. Took a different direction than I thought from watching the trailers. The crash scene was the highlight for sure. Really good stuff. Nice addition of some comedy with Goodman's character.

I keep forgeting to watch End of Watch. 8/10 huh? Definitely checking it out tonight.

Comment

Working...
                      X