No announcement yet.

Refurbed phones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbed phones?

Just had a question. It seems like the shelf life of phones is about a year to a year and a half. And the contract is 2 years so it seems like they somehow make your phones screw up at around a year and a half so you end up forking out more money for a new phone before your upgrade. I had a Razor that barely made it 2 years. Then got an AT&T 8525 that has made it a little bit over a year before it is going haywire. Never dropped, never wet and never tossed in anger.

Planned on getting an I-phone at my next upgrade which is in Oct but dont think I can wait that long. I can get an 8gb refurb for 200, the new one is 400. Think I could get a 16gb for 300 in Oct but I really dont need that much storage anyways. Should I get a refurb? Kinda makes me wary getting a refurb but they have a 90 day warranty and a 30 day no questions asked return policy. I figure I would get insurance as well if I got a more expensive phone like that.

To bad about your Motorola I’ve had mine for 3 years with no problems. If you are looking for something to hold you over you might check out E-bay, or Craigslist.
    You also could ask your service provider for a break on a new phone.

Comment

I recently purchase a refurb Blackberry Bold. Too early for any report.

Comment

get insurance on any phone you buy.....

Comment

I'm living dangerously with no insurance for my iphone

Comment

Originally posted by Breakbeat View Post
            i got the at&t tilt, and for some reason, everyday more and more memory disappears off the phone, till eventually a warning "phone low on memory" pops up before i make a call, receive a message, or just browse through the phone.....makes no sense cuz i erase all my texts, have music and movies stored on a memory card, but the phone is eating memory from something......
            AT&T said they'd give me $100 to buy a new phone, but the tilt is like a $400 phone, or i'd be stuck with this **** until my contract expires in a year........

take it from me, get insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
              i got the at&t tilt, and for some reason, everyday more and more memory disappears off the phone, till eventually a warning "phone low on memory" pops up before i make a call, receive a message, or just browse through the phone.....makes no sense cuz i erase all my texts, have music and movies stored on a memory card, but the phone is eating memory from something......
              AT&T said they'd give me $100 to buy a new phone, but the tilt is like a $400 phone, or i'd be stuck with this **** until my contract expires in a year........

take it from me, get insurance.

I don't want that piece of ****..........

Comment

Here is a highlight video of the new features of iphone software 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by Trevbutler View Post
                  Just had a question. It seems like the shelf life of phones is about a year to a year and a half. And the contract is 2 years so it seems like they somehow make your phones screw up at around a year and a half so you end up forking out more money for a new phone before your upgrade. I had a Razor that barely made it 2 years. Then got an AT&T 8525 that has made it a little bit over a year before it is going haywire. Never dropped, never wet and never tossed in anger.

Planned on getting an I-phone at my next upgrade which is in Oct but dont think I can wait that long. I can get an 8gb refurb for 200, the new one is 400. Think I could get a 16gb for 300 in Oct but I really dont need that much storage anyways. Should I get a refurb? Kinda makes me wary getting a refurb but they have a 90 day warranty and a 30 day no questions asked return policy. I figure I would get insurance as well if I got a more expensive phone like that.
                  I would have absolutely no problem having a refurbished phone IF i was getting a lower end phone such as a Moto RAZR. I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable having a refurbished iPhone (i have a new iPhone 3G btw). I dont think i would ever go the refurbished route with higher end phones but thats just me.

if i was you, i'd just get a new iPhone to not have the thought in the back of your mind that it might be defective.

i'm not sure how it is over there in the UK but AT&T (cell phone company that offers the iPhone) doesn't offer insurance on the iPhone, so i have no choice but to NOT have insurance

Here is a highlight video of the new features of iphone software 3.0

thanks for the vid, first time i see it but ive heard of the new 3.0 update coming out in the summer time. i'm really excited about it, especially about MMS and emailing/texting in landscape!!!!

Comment

I've always been careful with my phones anyway, the thing people complain mostly about iPhones are specs, when apple can easily update the OS without having to worry about carriers it adds more functionality to their products.

Apple always start with a good base and build from it instead of trying to do everything at once and not doing anything well.

Comment

Working...
                    X