Our iceman trained bad chad dawson?? when? iceman tell me about it!! whoo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our iceman trained bad chad dawson?? when? iceman tell me about it!! whoo

from a interview on the net' -
    Julius Stecker: And just asking, where did you get the nickname "Bad" from?

Chad Dawson: I have had it for a long time, since I was 12, it was given to me by "Ice Man" John Scully (interview) and I have had it ever since. (note: Scully currently trains Dawson at the Winds..."

talk man!!! lolol

icey where you at???????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

Comment

Damn I didn' know

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=202562
        http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=174605

Comment

The truth is that...I trained Chad until Gary Shaw literally STOLE HIM AWAY...just another dirty part of the business...it's a long story, fully covered in my book but, basically, I was training Chad, we had a very good gym relationship and, if I do say so myself I do take A LOT of credit for helping Chad with his jab, his body shots and his right hook. Especially the jab and body shots...both of which he had a lot of potential with but didn't use them with real professionalism when I started training him...I can point to SPECIFIC examples of where he turned the corner with me in regards to the jab and body shots (I keep Diaries remember ...but, whatever, Shaw moved in and that was it...Chad still wanted me to train him but I had other fighters, a baby daughter, etc etc....I would have had to seriously alter my training schedule and my life in general and I chose not to do that at that time. And that was that

Comment

specifics? how did he steal him? in what way? what happened, whens the book ready? give dawsons inside stories here and now. hes hot right now!

Comment

Great stuff, Ice.

Is it hard watching Dawson and seeing the accolades he's getting, knowing you should be figuring in there, in some way?

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
                Great stuff, Ice.

Is it hard watching Dawson and seeing the accolades he's getting, knowing you should be figuring in there, in some way?
                I missed his fight last night...heard he looked great though. I dont really think to much about what might have been etc...but sometimes people remind me of all the money as his trainer that I am missing out on, LOL. I don't think about the money, though, as much as I think about being there in the corner on fight night, being in the mix of it all. It also sucks in a way that the work I did with him goes unnoticed, unaccounted for for the most part. Chad once admitted in an interview that I was the first one who told him he had a good jab but it was a lot more than that, believe me. I WORKED with Chad hard on his jab, the mechanics of it, the mindset of it etc. And his body shots, especially with the left hand (he was always strong on the right side). The jab is the main thing, though. I worked with him on it. I showed it to him, explained the importance of it to him. And also his first coach Brian Clark started him out and put in more time than you can imagine with Chad. Brought him all over for fights, sparring etc etc. Laid the ground work the foundation, taught him great range and distance, pivots etc...gets ZERO credit, though

Comment

what do you think of mayweather saying hes the best?

Comment

Originally posted by Bea5T View Post
                    what do you think of mayweather saying hes the best?
                    Well, Joe C. may have done more thus far, shown more, proven more etc...but I don't think he deals with Chad at all!!! I remember about twoyears ago I was on a message board and there were these three guys, they really got on me bad about me hyping Chad up...Lacy hadnt been beaten yet and I came on and said I thought Chad would beat him back then...they LOL'd at that quite a bit...I was quoted in 2005 in his local paper saying how one day he's going to be on HBO, etc and people are going to be really surprised. His skills, reflexes etc are undeniable now. In terms of skills, speed, combinations, etc he's the new RJ

Comment

Working...
                    X