No announcement yet.

Ring Magazines and their Illogical rankings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring Magazines and their Illogical rankings

I challenge you to find me a more illogical ranking than this...

The lightheavyweight numero uno for RIng is Adonis stevens.

http://******.craveonline.com/ratings/light-heavyweight

Yet by their own rankings Kovalev in his last two fights has beaten the 3rd and 4th ranked fighters. Where as Adonis last 3 fights his best opponent is ranked 8.

To make matters worse Kovalev is in the top ten p4p, yet Adnonis(who is not) is ranked above him at light heavyweight?

Also they have Cotto ranked number 1 at middle weight, and exactly the same can be said there...

Am i missing something or is that illogical. The only thing i can think of is they have what ring consider the most important belt in each division...otherwise its shocking logic...

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post

Yet by their own rankings Kovalev in his last two fights has beaten the 3rd and 4th ranked fighters. Where as Adonis last 3 fights his best opponent is ranked 8.

To make matters worse Kovalev is in the top ten p4p, yet Adnonis(who is not) is ranked above him at light heavyweight?

Also they have Cotto ranked number 1 at middle weight, and exactly the same can be said there...

Am i missing something or is that illogical. The only thing i can think of is they have what ring consider the most important belt in each division...otherwise its shocking logic...
    You seem to be missing that they both hold the RING title in their division which automatically makes them number one in their division in the RING ratings. Just as the holder of any title belt is the champion of their respective sanctioning organization.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post

They are the Ring Champions (kind of lineal) so they are automatically top of the rankings in their weight class

Comment

Working...
      X