No announcement yet.

Saul Alvarez, I do not think will become as good as the people expected to be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    When I see the Ginger, I really like him but he seems to be missing that extra gear, that killer instinct to finish fights off. His combos don't seem to be effective, but they score him points which is important.
    This post is completely backwards, his combinations are very effective and he attacks like a beast when the guys in trouble, whats made you think this? Id say his effective combinations and stopping power are his best attributes ... Controlled aggression, hes very composed and steady I like that about him.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
      When I see the Ginger, I really like him but he seems to be missing that extra gear, that killer instinct to finish fights off. His combos don't seem to be effective, but they score him points which is important.
      Believe me those combinations are hard and hurtful, I think he is unsure about how to pace himself in 12 round fights, which is completely normal for such a young fighter. When he learns his body and gains more experience I believe you will see him get more stoppages earlier in fights. He is obviously not a 1 punch ko artist, but I think he has plenty of power, and he will develop more as he matures. You have to remember the last 2 fights he has fought, the other guy has gone in to survival mode pretty early in the fight, he needs to incorporate more body punching in his attack as well, all things he will learn in time.

Comment

Originally posted by RonRoss View Post
        This post is completely backwards, his combinations are very effective and he attacks like a beast when the guys in trouble, whats made you think this? Id say his effective combinations and stopping power are his best attributes ... Controlled aggression, hes very composed and steady I like that about him.
        My key word was "seem".

They look effective, they're scoring points, but are they really doing lasting damage that can get his guys out of there. I'm alluding to his power. His placement and combos are top notch, but his opponents are hanging tough.

I like his controlled aggression, I said so in another thread, but there comes a time when it seems he doesn't step it up to close the show in some fights.

He fires 3-5 hit combos and always backs off. Just seems that he is too cautious

Comment

Disagree, and this is coming from one of his number one hater. Canelo is improving he showed movement (ring generalship) and combinations that were absent in his first major U.S. televised fight (or is it first fight?). Also, his defense increased a lot too. Only thing that didn't improve was the opposition.

Comment

What? Did you see him slip punches, counter, Stamina and that left hook will only get better. He has the character and physical abilities to claim the #1 p4p spot.

Its him and Gamboa if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
              He has good potential, but I think there are fighters out there who will best him. People need to forget he's 20 instead of continuously reminding us, he's probably peaked early and won't improve a great deal like people seem to think.

Who knows though, he might become The Mighty Ginger.
              He'll make small improvements,

The major changes will show physically as he begins gain his man strength in his early twenties.

Comment

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
                Saul Alvarez I think that he is a strong guy with good speed combinations, and with good physical qualities, he being so young therefore people think will be the number 1 pound for pound.
                But this young man has a problem, and is not boxing so well, and that's harder to improve in boxing, this does not mean that he is bad fighter or that is not going to improve, but there is a reality and that is their defense is not good if you can improve, but I do not never have a superb defense. Their combinations of strokes are showy, but are not effective, and after pulling apart a combination look back and wait to reenter another conbinacion.
                Mas aya I think this will improve, it will be a great champion and will have great battles.
                But I do not think a fence to be different, I do not reach the levels of a Barrera, Marquez, Morales or Chavez
                Canelo is improving with every fight his defense and head movement was much better in the Rhodes fight than his previous fight, he seems that he has increased his speed, when he comes up against the divisions finest it will build him the experience he needs to take on the very best. I believe he will be in the top five pound for pound in a few years. His combos are lightning quick. Offensively he is great. Defensively he could improve and he could also work on his footwork. At the moment I would put him in with any one apart from maybe P Will and Sergio, but I would put him in there with Chavez Jnr then Cotto.

Comment

Ryan Rhodes exposed him as the one dimensional weak punching fighter that he is.

Comment

I have no idea what the ts was talking about. Horrible post.

I have yet to see anyone claim him to be a future pfp #1 fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      I am really impressed with the kid. He is 20 years old!!! I repeat He is 20!!

I don't remember seeing many 20 year olds that good. He is still a boy and it is very likely that his power will get better, and he will certainly improve in all aspects of his game. Whether he will be as good as morales/barrera/marquez remains to be seen, but if he doesn't that is not a failure. He gets hit with some silly shots, but he can work on this, he already looked a million times better defensively in the rhodes fighter over his previous fights.

I am certianly a believer, he has a great style and is exciting to watch. He has a unique appeal being a red headed mexican, he gets waaaay too much hate on NSB, its crazy! This guy is great for the sport, enjoy him. It is not his fault he gets so much attention, at the moment you can say he is a paper champion, still a prospect really, but that theory is becoming less accurate with every fight. Rhodes was not a bum, but was made to look like one.
                      for a 20 year old kid he is superb, At this point his most dangerous opponent is impatience and himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X