Broner Becoming a Problem With Team Haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
    This.
    Also keep in mind that Maidana notwithstanding, dude has had a massive size advantage against everyone of those he's fought.

Do you guys remember the Gavin Rees fight? Dude was lighting Another Bum up until his size advantage came into the equation. How many more of these performances is it gonna take for people to stop pushing him as something he's not?
    Broner fought Rees because Ricky Burns turned down the fight

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Not really a gate keeper. I think of Gabe Rosado as a gate keeper and Broner not THAT bad. I think he can be a top contender and win belts if he can get his act right.
      That's why I called him the ULTIMATE gatekeeper.. He separates the good from the great...

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if true.

Broner doesn't seem 100% focused on being a boxer he'd rather be a rapper or a ghetto superstar.Almost all the videos I see him when he's not fighting he's half cut, partying or eating dog sh..it. When he's calling out fighters it seems like he isn't even serious and just wants attention .Considering he has his Dad's short fat genes you'd think he needs to be dedicated 100%

I don't mind Broner but feel unless he gets his act together he's most likely going to star in a 30 for 30 episode about the rise and fall of Adrien Broner millionaire by 23 and flat broke living in the projects by 32.

Comment

Broner is going no where. They invested a lot into pumping him to be the next big thing but he blew it by being volatile/generating bad press and losing to a guy he should have easily beat in Maidana. PBP gave him a chance and after they give up on him, his time in the spotlight is done.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            We agree on most but DEFINITELY not on this subject my dude. Broner lacks dedication. He also inflates his own abilities. He thinks he is on Floyd's level. He is of the level of a Danny Garcia. B level. They will play him tough and he will have to put up or shut up.
            Beating Matthysse and Khan>Malignaggi and Demarco
            Danny might be a B class fighter but Broner is a C class fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
              Broner fought Rees because Ricky Burns turned down the fight
              Wow, Ricky Burns. Or you know, that guy Omar Figueroa just beat...:lol:

Your point? He still looked like ****. How does Burns being his intended opponent have anything to do with his performance against Rees? Rees was an undersized bum brought in specifically to make Broner look good. Can think of plenty of better guys he could've fought instead.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                According to 78 they are going to start matching him up tough and see if he can handle it.
                So when will they start matching Broner tough? And does fighting Porter at a catchweight count? Making the fight at 144 seems to take the tough out of it .. throw in the rehydration clause, it's even more weighted in Broner's favor ... is Porter going to have to wear ankle weights as well

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                I knew this was coming. The biggest difference between Floyd and Broner is DEDICATION. Broner isn't as good as he thinks he is.
                big text sums it up for me. The way Broner carries himself, you'd think he's a 8-9 time World Champion or something ... SMH. As another poster put it Broner is more known for running his mouth oppose to his in ring skills/talent

Comment

Originally posted by orechia View Post
                  Well Broner is more of a man than #48. At least he took his loss like a man.
                  Oh sure. Broner said he wanted a rematch with Maidana and didn't even invoke his guaranteed rematch clause. Maybe if it had been a catchweight...

Comment

If Provodnikov is in fact next, this must have been the truth. The training wheels have officially come off.

Comment

Broner has not even won half the fights he got his hand raised in... He has become a Juan Ma like character....wants to slug it out instead of use the craft. He is at this point a gate keeper. A guy who most delite in watching take punches to his ugly mug... Adrien has the perfect face for this! A nice round half scowl...you just want to punch him in the face... I remember a former professional BBaller, a gym teacher I was working with while teaching, a big man, who said, after seeing Mike Tyson in a bar "man he looks small, I swear if I didn't know any better I would think I could take him." Well, I could see many others who see Bronner saying "Man all I could think about was putting my fist into that scowling arrogant mug!" Thats probably what happened when the guy was screaming at him while he was getting arrested...the guy probably wanted to feel that face against his fist.

Porter beat him from pillar to post all night, and he took his ass whooping well, making sure to give porter some rounds. Bronner will make millions...but it will be at couty fairs where he will let people dunk him in the water tank, throw shizzle at him like baseballs and pies, and for a princely sum even allow people to tee off on that neckless head.

Comment

Working...
                      X