Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FNR5 2011-what changes do you want to see?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Tone down the counter punching...I think everyone can agree on that
    2. Instead of 8 presets, make it a slider-based AI system. There is a little variety in the styles now - I can always tell if I'm fighting a Brawler, Slugger or Outfighter - but not enough
    3. Make defense easier and boxers less tough. I want lower connect percentages with the same results. How many times will a boxer take 40 punches in a round and be no worse for wear?
    4. Better facial damage. This has been touched on too, but the fights aren't gruesome enough. I've seen some cuts, a little swelling, but no broken jaws, no Valero-style canyon cuts, etc.
    5. UNLIMITED CAB SLOTS - As a CAB fiend, I'm really mad that I can only have 40. Just make it unlimited
    6. Real TKO's. There are times where I'm teeing off on the computer, landing like 15 punches in a row and stunning him several times. The ref should jump in and stop it based on performance, not just cuts.
    7. Unintentional fouls. Most low blows are body punches that miss. Clashes of heads are a lot more common than straight headbutts. So why isn't that shown in the game? THey should have accidental fouls and then way higher awareness for the blatant intentional ones.
    That's all I can think of right now besides the obvious like more fighters (MARQUEZ!!) and arenas.

EDIT: 8. Better inside fighting. You can't fight in the clinch at all right now, I want to be able to slip in a couple of punches on the inside. Right now, it's so goddamn frustrating when you have someone on the ropes, start pounding them and they wrap up.
    9. Taunts? What happened to them? There's a d-pad sitting there completely unused. Bring back taunts, 4 for every fighter! You can't have Ali, Roy Jones and Emanuel Augustus is a game without taunts.
    Last edited by BigStereotype; 04-02-2010, 12:45 PM.

Comment

They need ****ing Mayweather, wtf. Instead of a decent created one we gotta dl or make ourself. But i'm sure knowing Mayweather he'll be on some super money tip and request 40 mill again. Can almost promise he won't be in FNR5.

But I agree with the poster who said Fight nights are every 3 years, next year seems way too son.

Comment

They need to make it so you can spin off a sway like Pacquiao does in his fights and how you can do it in VS. Footwork needs to be more smooth, but the patch has gotten it pretty good with maximum speed.

Also the lighting. I hate the lighting for FNR4. It looks so dark. Also some punches look stiff when thrown. They could tweak it and that'd be cool

Comment

Fix counterpunching. The counterpunches is the reason I don't play this game.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
            They need to make it so you can spin off a sway like Pacquiao does in his fights and how you can do it in VS. Footwork needs to be more smooth, but the patch has gotten it pretty good with maximum speed.

Also the lighting. I hate the lighting for FNR4. It looks so dark. Also some punches look stiff when thrown. They could tweak it and that'd be cool
            thats the main thing right there............****, my created martinez would be flawless if i could do that.....also make the fighters lose balance or get pushed a bit by the punch... no soft ass but perfectly thrown trades......i mean that makes it seems so arcadey....if a guy lands first make the other fighter's punch a bit more sloppy, and ****.....

Comment

Have counterpunching where when you counter you can do a two punch combo and then go away

Comment

They need to hire the dudes that did FNR3 back and then work on FNR5 using R3 as a base.

FNR4 was a failure in my eyes, messed up the series bigtime. Hopefully they dont **** up Round 5

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                  Make jabs be more effective... make counterpunches not as ridiculous.
                  Agree. The jab needs to be WAY more effective. If you land enought jabs the nose should break or at least bleed. I want realistic punches. Sometimes it seems that I counter and land a big shot and it's just like I landed a glancing blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
                    Most important thing that Round 4 doesnt have and i don't play it much for that reason:

Different fighting styles for ai opponents.

In round 4 every fighter is a counter puncher extraordinaire. Every fight requires you to use the same tactic, all the computer controller fighters are defensive and just try to counter for the whole fight.

If it's the same in round 5 i won't be buying it.
                    All of that +

Make the number of punches needed to knock out somebody more realistic. I land 120 punches a round and you're going to tell me the guy won't even get in trouble until round 8 or something?

Comment

Cut's were pathetic in FN4, the FN3 corner game was 10x better IMO.

Better footwork.

Better jab.

Highlights at the end of the fight. (maybe)

Right cross should be harder to land but more powerful.

Legacy mode... instead of saying "there's a new champ" it should tell you who is and who they beat.

You should be able change weight whenever you want too.

Comment

Working...
                      X