No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley's Trainer: Mayweather's Age Catching Up With Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P4P50 View Post
    I don't think it has as much to do with age as everybody says. I think Cotto's style is a very tough one for Mayweather especially at 154 where Cotto is physically stronger. Also that awkwardly timed jab, you can tell him and Diaz worked on that. Even integrating it into his combinations. For example, the left hook to the body followed by a jab or two. He just used it in a way where Mayweather couldn't anticipate it. That in turn was keeping Floyd out of his rhythm and a little more off balance than usual. Other than that I thought he looked great. He had good power, hand speed was still there. Sure he could of used more lateral movement to avoid the ropes but that's about it.
    Same here, I think they are making too much out of floyd's age and forgetting or disregarding altogether the circumstances, for one Cotto style is very difficult for Floyd or any other opponent and then on top of that Cotto probably outweighed the 147 pound Floyd by 15 pounds or so, The fight was at 154, a weight that Floyd can still get it done at but he never looks impressive at doing so, it's just not his weight, Floyd is a Welterweight and nothing more nor less.. Only thing I would caution with the 35 yo floyd now is the length of his training camps, no need for 10 weeks, floyd seems to think the older u get the longer u should train, but imo floyd had peaked weeks ago, he should have shorter camps from now on.. also I think Floyd did choose to stand toe to toe with cotto not that he had too, he trained to fight that way.. during the live sparring session he had a few weeks ago against Omar Henry he used the same exact style in the Cotto fight which was to fight off the ropes a lot...

Comment

Floyd's still the same as he was in the Mosley/Ortiz fights........

Comment

funny how BS used floyd here to get views bradley is fighting pac next

Comment

You guys are tards... it's not Bradley being interviewed... it's his trainer

Comment

I'm starting to believe Floyd Mayweather will never be viewed positively in some people's eyes. Floyd has fought the same way in the last 3 fights. Not only was he fighting with an injured hand but he also was under the weather. Still he was able convincingly beat a future Hall of Fame candidate. If he'd move around avoiding Cotto's attacks and still won the fight, people would be complaining about that.

Comment

View floyd positively? There's nothing Floyd says or does that will lend to positivitey. Floyd simply says and does stupid sh it. Floyd said he didn't run because he wants to give what the fans want to see. Bull ****. Bradley's trainer is right. If Floyd wants to give what the fans want, sign up and fight Pac. Stop all the BS about 50-50 split and random blood testing, although Pac has already agreed to random blood testing for a while. Floyd's a coward, period.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                I'm starting to believe Floyd Mayweather will never be viewed positively in some people's eyes.
                Originally posted by elin77 View Post
                View floyd positively? There's nothing Floyd says or does that will lend to positivitey. Floyd simply says and does stupid sh it. Floyd said he didn't run because he wants to give what the fans want to see. Bull ****. Bradley's trainer is right. If Floyd wants to give what the fans want, sign up and fight Pac. Stop all the BS about 50-50 split and random blood testing, although Pac has already agreed to random blood testing for a while. Floyd's a coward, period.

Comment

Floyd said Cotto was his toughest fight. OK then, leave at that. But the fool has to say he stood there and traded b/c everyone wants to see that. Again, bulll sh it. floyd didn't run because he will gas out if he tried to run so he had to stay put to save some energy cause Cotto was bringing it to his sorry a s s. Fans wants to see floyd fight Pac, so sign up and fight and stop the s h i t with 50-50 split. BTW, Pac agreed to random test so stop using it as an excuse.
                  Last edited by elin77; 05-08-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Floyd you know what the fans really want--not standing there and trade---but fight Pac. So give the fans what they want to see. Stop the fu ck ing bull sh it rejecting the 50-50 split and random blood test even when Pac already agreed to the test.
                    Last edited by elin77; 05-08-2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Between the words that article gave me the impression Tim has had doubts and has trained off and they trying to get the ball rolling again , didnt sound right to me .

Comment

Working...
                      X