No announcement yet.

I think people are taking cotto for granted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prorican21 View Post
    before the clottey fight more ppl thought if paquiao n cotto faught that cotto would roll over him.....since then its the otherway around...ppl apprently dont know that he faught with a fatass cut for 9 or 10 rounds n dont even give him credit....im tellin u that pacfans r in for a big suprise
    Co-sign...
    Pero... socio..
    No te preocupes que lo cojemos bajando.....
    Ta to hablao...

Comment

all i'm going to say is can't wait for nov. 14 college football and a huge fight. I"m a huge cotto fan, and a fan of manny but this is a no brainer for me to root for cotto all the way. My opinion alot of people that are talking trash for pac might be eating crow. and i'll bet some of my points. I say cotto tko by 11 round

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
        its unfair doncha think?

to be able to be competitive with cotto is already a great achievement for MP...

if he wins? imagine that...
        I agree with everything you said except the unfair part. If Pac wins it will not be the first time nor the last time a "smaller" opponent would win. Their about the same height and about the same reach.. cotto will have some weight advantage. That did not help DLH... so as far as I am concerned it is a non issue. Manny's skills annul the weight advantage. who ever wins it will be because of their talent.. IMO... I am not all hung up on the weight thing. People on both sides need to forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          definitely

1) cotto will have 10 lbs on pac
          2) cotto only struggled with huge WW
          3) cotto is a real welterweight
          4) pac is a blown up jr welterweight

Pacquiao has been a full-fledged junior welterweight for a while now probably since the Marquez 2 fight which he looked drained in the weigh-ins and rehydrated 16lbs! afterwards and looked have been that way for the Barrera 2 too, which Jim Lampely commented about as well.

To quote Nazeem Richardson:"All these guys underestimate Pacquiao thinking he's the small man. When I met Pacquiao, I wasn't saying how does this guy make welterweight? I was saying how in the hell was he making 130 and 135?"
          Last edited by rao007; 07-24-2009, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aracibo04 View Post
            I agree with everything you said except the unfair part. If Pac wins it will not be the first time nor the last time a "smaller" opponent would win. Their about the same height and about the same reach.. cotto will have some weight advantage. That did not help DLH... so as far as I am concerned it is a non issue. Manny's skills annul the weight advantage. who ever wins it will be because of their talent.. IMO... I am not all hung up on the weight thing. People on both sides need to forget about it.
            sometimes weight matters...

hagler & duran were just about equal in height & reach...

@ the end of the day, hagler was a natural middleweight & duran was a blown-up one...

Comment

Originally posted by oside4life View Post
              all i'm going to say is can't wait for nov. 14 college football and a huge fight. I"m a huge cotto fan, and a fan of manny but this is a no brainer for me to root for cotto all the way. My opinion alot of people that are talking trash for pac might be eating crow. and i'll bet some of my points. I say cotto tko by 11 round
              what college football game?

Comment

Originally posted by rao007 View Post
                Pacquiao has been a full-fledged junior welterweight for a while now probably since the Marquez 2 fight which he looked drained in the weigh-ins and rehydrated 16lbs! afterwards and looked have been that way for the Barrera 2 too, which Jim Lampely commented about as well.

To quote Nazeem Richardson:"All these guys underestimate Pacquiao thyinking he's the small man. When I met Pacquiao, I wasn't saying how does this guy make welterweight? I was saying how in the hell was he making 130 and 135?"
                Good post...
                the people that keep bringing this up about cottos supposed weight advantage just want to diminish cotto's victory in case he beats manny and to amplify manny's victory in case he wins. In this fight the weight is the least of the factors to consider.

Comment

I think people are underestimating cotto also...Cotto had a rough night against clottey..clottey is a hard person to fight and win. and cotto had an awful gash above his eye..and still pulled out a W..Clottey was not robbed he stopped fighting the last 2 rounds in a very close fight..he handed cotto the fight....but if you were paying attention Cotto got his timing down to a T in the last 2-3 rounds and won the fight cause of it..
                  Last edited by xxjace; 07-24-2009, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                    sometimes weight matters...

hagler & duran were just about equal in height & reach...

@ the end of the day, hagler was a natural middleweight & duran was a blown-up one...
                    I agree with you, that it sometimes does. I don't think in this fight it will tho. Hagler was more of a pure boxer than duran so hagler had a double advantage. IMO..

This fight is more even to me the biggest difference will be speed and power of Pac vs the Power and speed of cotto.. Where manny is faster and cotto is more powerful. I would like to add that although they differ in those areas they are not very far appart. cotto has to respect manny's power and manny has to respect cotto's speed.

I like one thing that clotty say at the post fight conference.. he said that cotto looks easy to fight with outside the ring but in the ring he is a very tough fighter....you want me to look that up? anyone???

Comment

TS, I think your right and people are dismissing Cotto too easily when he does have some clear advantages in this fight. I also think much of the write off on Cotto is the ? on this psychological state as he has not been truly tested since what happened with Margarito.....I know the cut was bad in the Clottey fight but as Teddy was saying on FNF, Clottey didn't put much pressure on him and make him fight....the unknown factor of Cotto's mental state and how much will he really has is something to at least consider.

Comment

Working...
                      X