Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does being a bodybuilder give you an advantage for fighting ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
    yes. this kids not a bodybuilder but if he is, you get the point.

Idiot. He lifts a kid a lil bit heavier than 8 oz. coke.

Comment

timeless question.

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
        Idiot. He lifts a kid a lil bit heavier than 8 oz. coke.
        idiot. thats how it would feel for bodybuilders to lift a grown man.

what are you? 130-140? i can do the same sht to you. easy.

muscles dont work in boxing but in a regular streetfight between 2 average joes, the guy who lifts weights probably has that advantage.

Comment

not unless you want to bench press your opponent!

Comment

Can you even think of a single pro athlete with a bodybuilders body? I'm not talking about muscled up guys like say the younger Evander Holyfield...I'm talking about about full fledged bodybuilders.

Comment

It might give an advantage over the regular guy who doesn't workout.

But the real advantage comes from being in condition, being tenacious, and having skills. That combination will beat a bodybuilder any day of the week.

Comment

a couple of years ago Ricky Hatton got knocked over a table by one punch from a 240lb bodybuilder.

Yes, size and strength is useful in a combat situation, there are plenty of examples of fihgters in combat sports who can win fights on size alone, at the very top level you will get found out, but against most, it counts.

anyone who says it's not any sort of advantage doesn't even lift.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                  idiot. thats how it would feel for bodybuilders to lift a grown man.

what are you? 130-140? i can do the same sht to you. easy.

muscles dont work in boxing but in a regular streetfight between 2 average joes, the guy who lifts weights probably has that advantage.
                  If I am an idiot everybody in this site are ******s. IDIOT.

Comment

Against the average bum on the street or a drunk Ricky Hatton, being a body builder will definitely give you a size advantage should a fight arise.

However, put an average body builder against Carl Froch and watch what happens.

Comment

Have you ever done boxing ? Sorry I'm asking because if you did you should know its soooo tiring. Someone who makes boxing traning 3 days in a week cannot work on bodybuilding. First to think of this .

Comment

Working...
                      X