Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan needs to leave Hunter ASAP and get back with Roach.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everytime a trainer who's being built to be special, has a fighter that loses we have to deal with a crap post like this. As if Khan could switch from a style he's been fighting all his life to a more conservative style in two fights. Ffs, let Virgil work with him and give him a couple of years before judging him. Except for the KD I think Khan looked good in his last fight and Virgil gave some excellent advice. As opposed to just say "alright son? I need you to use te jab more". I mean when Khan came back in between rounds against Garcia he got zilch advice. He didn't even tell him to get on his bike which he should have done.

Roach has manny which built him up as a great trainer, because he can take a punch and has an all out style. Ward is basically the epitomi of Hunter as they've been together since ward was like 10. As a trainer you can only do so much, the rest has to come from the fighter.

Basically Virgil is an excellent trainer. Khan should stay with him.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Everytime a trainer who's being built to be special, has a fighter that loses we have to deal with a crap post like this. As if Khan could switch from a style he's been fighting all his life to a more conservative style in two fights. Ffs, let Virgil work with him and give him a couple of years before judging him. Except for the KD I think Khan looked good in his last fight and Virgil gave some excellent advice. As opposed to just say "alright son? I need you to use te jab more". I mean when Khan came back in between rounds against Garcia he got zilch advice. He didn't even tell him to get on his bike which he should have done.

Roach has manny which built him up as a great trainer, because he can take a punch and has an all out style. Ward is basically the epitomi of Hunter as they've been together since ward was like 10. As a trainer you can only do so much, the rest has to come from the fighter.

Basically Virgil is an excellent trainer. Khan should stay with him.
      Don't know what fight you were watching but Khan looked pretty awful and Hunter didn't even bother to get in the ring to give his instructions which weren't exactly inspiring either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Don't know what fight you were watching but Khan looked pretty awful and Hunter didn't even bother to get in the ring to give his instructions which weren't exactly inspiring either.
        Why did he look awful? He looked assertive, took his time and didn't rush in or go to war with Diaz at least not for the first 8 rounds.

He picked his punches and used the ring very well. Which were exactly the things they'd been working on and what Khan wanted to learn. He also looked more solid defensively and had learned to protect himself against the left hook.

But I understand that if you want to see Khan just to to war and throw whatever gameplan they had out the window as soon as he gets hit, ten yes he did look pretty awful.

Lol at that post.

Comment

Why did he look awful? He looked assertive, took his time and didn't rush in or go to war with Diaz at least not for the first 8 rounds.

He picked his punches and used the ring very well. Which were exactly the things they'd been working on and what Khan wanted to learn. He also looked more solid defensively and had learned to protect himself against the left hook.

But I understand that if you want to see Khan just to to war and throw whatever gameplan they had out the window as soon as he gets hit, ten yes he did look pretty awful.

Lol at that post.
          Protect himself against the left hook which he got dropped with and hit with several times in the fight?

Comment

Protect himself against the left hook which he got dropped with and hit with several times in the fight?
            Well, you have to understand that when guys are fighting Khan they systematically go for the left hook. Khan was decked yes, but I seem to remember something with some tangled feet or something like that. Regardless, Diaz tried the left hook all the way through the fight and hit Khan in the fourth and in the end of the fight where Khan had been hurt by a righ hand.

All the way through the fight, khan had blocked it well, which in other fights he just didn't. So that was an improvement. I also don't recall myself sayin he did perfect, just that he improved and Virgil was a big reason for that.

Comment

Well, you have to understand that when guys are fighting Khan they systematically go for the left hook. Khan was decked yes, but I seem to remember something with some tangled feet or something like that. Regardless, Diaz tried the left hook all the way through the fight and hit Khan in the fourth and in the end of the fight where Khan had been hurt by a righ hand.

All the way through the fight, khan had blocked it well, which in other fights he just didn't. So that was an improvement. I also don't recall myself sayin he did perfect, just that he improved and Virgil was a big reason for that.
              So Khan did a great job protecting himself against the left hook except the numerous times he got hit with it? Great!

Didn't see much improvement at all but some people are easily impressed. He started brawling again when he got hurt late in the fight. Looked like the same Khan. I will reserve my judgement though, I think Alexander is a good fight for him

Comment

Hunter's a better trainer than Khan is a fighter though, (for Wazaa). LOL!!

Comment

So Khan did a great job protecting himself against the left hook except the numerous times he got hit with it? Great!

Didn't see much improvement at all but some people are easily impressed. He started brawling again when he got hurt late in the fight. Looked like the same Khan. I will reserve my judgement though, I think Alexander is a good fight for him
                  Now you are putting words in my mouth. I simply said he had learned to protect himself against it. That doesn't mean he protects against 100% of the left hooks. Just like you don't protect yourself from a 100% of the jabs, right hands or uppercuts.

People may be easily impressed, but people are also way to quick to criticize. I saw some improvement in khan on the defensive side. But I don't think he's become a more entertaining fighter.

I think so too. Mainly because Alexander can't crack an egg. Here's to hoping nobody pulls up the Urango fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
                    Interesting that you connect the dots between Berto...Hunter....and Khan. Because IMO Khan and Berto are very similar in that they both came to Hunter with a myriad of bad habits. Not to mention both fighters are very stubborn in the ring and are uber quick to scrap gameplans and resort to what they know, which in both cases is limited. They both rely on their speed but offer little else in the way of boxing acumen. They don't defend well and they both have very disruptive people in their camps yelling in their ears all fight. I think Hunter is an excellent trainer and a calming influence but you simply cannot polish a turd. And when it comes to facing decent opponents both Khan and Berto are turds.
                    Excellent post and great points. I was thinking the same thing. Virgil is a good trainer, but it's tough to unteach and then reteach someone set in their ways. But I think with extended time, both Khan can improve but not to the point where they are elite.

Comment

Lotta sheep on these things...One top guy says Freddie's an over-rated trainer, then everyone here says Freddie sucks doesnt know boxing. Andre Ward dominates super 6, then everyone says they should all work with Hunter.
                      Its always still up to the fighters mang!! They can have all the best trainers in the world work with them, but come fight night mentally if they aint ready they gon lose

Comment

Working...
                      X