No announcement yet.

The humble Manny Pacquiao????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The humble Manny Pacquiao????

Ok, this may come across as a Manny bashing thread but it really isn't. When people mention Manny Pacquiao they always seem to mention how humble he is. But is he or is this just a myth?

He drives around in a Ferrari.

Lives in a mansion.

Cheated on his wife numerous times.

Used to be involved in c**k fights.

Had sex with prostitutes.

I'm sure people can add more to this but I just want to know if these are there things a humle man would do.

Now what a man does with his hard earned money is his business, I don't begrudge any man buying a sweet ride and living in a nice house.

Plenty of other fighters do the same things but you don't hear about them being called humble.

I remember also when he was going to fight Ricky Hatton, it was agreed upon that they would each get 50/50 split. At the last minute Pacquiao wanted more of a percentage than Hatton or the fight was off (as I remember it) Hatton conceded to Pacquiao's terms. Does it sound like something a humble man would to, a man who doesn't fight for money but for his fans?

So I ask.......what makes Pacquiao so humble? Please discuss
    Last edited by Rapid Counter; 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM.

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
    Ok, this may come across as a Manny bashing thread but it really isn't. When people mention Manny Pacquiao they always seem to mention how humble he is. But is he or is this just a myth?

Lives in a mansion.

I'm sure people can add more to this but I just want to know if these are there things a humle man would do.

Now what a man does with his hard earned money is his business, I don't begrudge any man buying a sweet ride and living in a nice house.

Plenty of other fighters do the same things but you don't hear about them being called humble.

I remember also when he was going to fight Ricky Hatton, it was agreed upon that they would each get 50/50 split. At the last minute Pacquiao wanted more of a percentage than Hatton or the fight was off (as I remember it) Hatton conceded to Pacquiao's terms. Does it sound like something a humble man would to, a man who doesn't fight for money but for his fans?

TR and their image machine do for manny the same as they did for SRL, and ODH. They hide all the real stuff.

Comment

Inb4..

''How dare you question god's humbleness! Jinkee should consider herself lucky she was with the p4p greatest to start with.
      Isn't it funny how Manny bought a Ferrari and Floyd copied? Nyahaha!

*Somehow turns it into a Floyd bashing thread*

Signed Pac-boy''

Comment

I'd say it's the accent and that the way he answers the post-fight questions that brings about his humble look.

Ask any Filipino in the world and they will over exaggerate how humble he is(I have experience as I am Filipino living in a city/area with Filipinos as the top/top 5 ethnicity)

I think people forget he used to love women, smoke, drink, and gamble. Manny was a G

Comment

I think a lot has to do with how religious they are over there. They play up all the "rags to riches" and "humble christian" aspects of him so much because that is exactly what sells him to the biggest segment of the Pacquiao demographic. Humble, Christian, family man...whats not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post

Lives in a mansion.

You forgot these other ones.

Harbors criminals.

Doesn't pay his taxes.

Promotes drugs and alcohol.

Lies about issues to promote his fights.

Is against better testing to clean up the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by slickslysmooth View Post
              I'd say it's the accent and that the way he answers the post-fight questions that brings about his humble look.

Ask any Filipino in the world and they will over exaggerate how humble he is(I have experience as I am Filipino living in a city/area with Filipinos as the top/top 5 ethnicity)

I think people forget he used to love women, smoke, drink, and gamble. Manny was a G
              he and floyd are not that much different.

Comment

We mean professionally. He's respectful to everyone, no matter what happens. Just look at how he reacted after Marquez knocked him out.

No athlete of the caliber of Manny Pacquiao is truly humble. You can't be to reach the level he did.

Comment

I don't think he's humble but it has nothing to do with the things said in the opening post. For me a humble fighter would see training as his number one priority, it takes a degree of arrogance to miss a week of training camp, scrap conditioning and what not when you know that your opponent is doing every thing in his power to whoop your ass.

I also thought he was arrogant and disrespectful on the night he thought Bradley, assuming the rumours are true about him holding up the fight because he was more concerned with the basketball scores.

Then there is the ''Be a real Filipino'' statement after losing robbing Marquez.

Comment

I think he had a promoter who is use to using his influence to generate a good PR image for him, Hatton also had the same ****e when he was coming up, the working class hero who drinks with his mate down the pub stuffs, it seems this stuff of things sell to some people, I couldn't care less and those are the sort of people who would do anything the press wants them to do because they don't want any negative stories coming now and ruining that image.

Comment

Working...
                    X