No announcement yet.

Mickey Vann: "Klitschko’s place in history is stronger than Mayweather’s"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
    Laughable. Mayweather ranks above Wlad on the ATG list according to the fair and objective BoxRec computer that removes the bias of sports writers.
    So you agree with BoxRec now?

Or do you just refer to it when it supports your agenda?

I see you voted Mayweather is more exciting than Golovkin. Explain why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

No I don't give any credibility to the BoxRec ratings now or ever. This isn't baseball where you can measure based on RBIs, home runs, strikeouts, ERA or hits. Boxing is subjective which is why you can debate it for hours at a time.

As far as who is more exciting, my stance has been consistent from day 1. I am entertained from the best fighting the best and Mayweather has given me more to get excited about throughout the course of his career. Nothing is more entertaining to me than seeing 2 of the fighters in the world performing against each other.

Fights that excite me right now are Rigo/Lomachenko, Ward/GGG, Ward/Kovalev, GGG/Canelo, Chocolatito/Estrada, Lomachenko/Walters, Crawford/Postol, Thurman/Porter, Stevenson/Kovalev, etc.

If by the end of his career he beats higher caliber opposition I will consider changing my opinion.

Comment

Comment

Showtime television commentators Steve Albert, Bobby Czyz and Ferdie Pacheco were very biased and misleading in favor of Whitaker, showing favoritism for the home-country boxer.

Julio Caesar Chavez took the fight to Whitaker, who was backing off and on the defensive for most of the fight. Mickey Vann was being generous to Whitaker with his 115-115 score.
          Welcome to my sig freedom. You are forever on record for saying this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            So who would you rank above Wladimir at this point? Obviously Louis and Ali, but who else?

P.S. Louis is the greatest all time as far as I'm concerned but Vitali would have mopped the canvas with him, easy.
            I'm not too much into fantasy match ups as it's impossible to get anything specific out of it. But I do know that I consider Ali, Louis, Holmes, Foreman, Lewis, Louis, Holyfield and Frazier considerably above Wlad. For whatever reason.

Wlad will probably fit in somewhere alongside the likes of Sonny Liston, Marciano, Tyson and Dempsey in my book. And some seem to think it's an insult to be be in that company. But I'll be hard pressed to decisively tell you that anyone could be greater than Jack Dempsey. But pure accomplishments and resume, excitement and fights - I'd put Wlad somewhere in the bottom of the top 10.

All of the fighters I mentioned are remembered for specific fights and epic nights or eras. I just can't say the same for Wlad.

And that's just my own opinion. But he's a great heavyweight and deserves a place in history as the champ of this era.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Again, irrelevant.

You can't say "Wlad didn't do this" when he did.
              Ok I'll concede on that point ..Wlad has traveled though has Floyd ?

Comment

Showtime television commentators Steve Albert, Bobby Czyz and Ferdie Pacheco were very biased and misleading in favor of Whitaker, showing favoritism for the home-country boxer.

Julio Caesar Chavez took the fight to Whitaker, who was backing off and on the defensive for most of the fight. Mickey Vann was being generous to Whitaker with his 115-115 score.

Ex-Millionaire Boxer 'Sweet Pea' Whitaker Says Evicting Mom Is "Beautiful Moment"

Why would anybody be a fan of a despicable scumbag like Pernell Whitaker?
                smdh at this post

Comment

• Mayweather's resume is clearly greater but Klitschko has had a killer run

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
                    Welcome to my sig freedom. You are forever on record for saying this.
                    Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      I'm not too much into fantasy match ups as it's impossible to get anything specific out of it. But I do know that I consider Ali, Louis, Holmes, Foreman, Lewis, Holyfield and Frazier considerably above Wlad. For whatever reason.

Wlad will probably fit in somewhere alongside the likes of Sonny Liston, Marciano, Tyson and Dempsey in my book. And some seem to think it's an insult to be be in that company. But I'll be hard pressed to decisively tell you that anyone could be greater than Jack Dempsey. But pure accomplishments and resume, excitement and fights - I'd put Wlad somewhere in the bottom of the top 10.

All of the fighters I mentioned are remembered for specific fights and epic nights or eras. I just can't say the same for Wlad.

And that's just my own opinion. But he's a great heavyweight and deserves a place in history as the champ of this era.
                      Those fighters (bolded) simply cannot hold up to Wlad's established title record and current championship duration.

Just because a fighter fights great on one given night, doesn't make them a great fighter or an ATG.

-All Frazier really ever did was beat Ali once after he came back from a considerable layoff.

-Foreman was 5-3 in title fights. He managed to come back and win a title at 45 years old but it was in his 3rd try.

-Holyfield was 11-6 in HW title fights with most of those wins coming from fighters that were well past their best. The two decent prime fighters he faced in title fights beat him. (Lennox and Bowe-I)

-Lennox who is 16-2 in title fights, I suppose I can understand one thinking he would beat Wladimir in a H2H matchup as I see him with the tools and size to do so, but he just doesn't stack up anymore based on Wlad's resume and longevity.

My questions is, aside from name recognition, what did those fighters do to rank higher than Wlad who is 26-2 in title fights, with mostly knockouts and several fight wins vs. the no 1 contender and top ten ranked challengers?

Comment

Working...
                      X