No announcement yet.

if you're a legit hardcore graphics enthusiast, you need to invest in a PC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you're a legit hardcore graphics enthusiast, you need to invest in a PC

I just made the jump to 1440p gaming with a new monitor and a 4gb Radeon r9 290 card to get get the job done and the first game I loaded up in 1440p on Ultra settings almost made me prematurely ejaculate.

The clarity, the crispness, the smoothness, the depth and pop of the lighting, particles and textures are so mind blowingly gorgeous I can't even find the words for them.

Console graphics are nice and can have decent effects, but to be honest they just do not hold a candle to a competent rig running the highest resolutions and settings.

Once you go 1440p or 2160p[4K], you don't want to go back to 1080p. It looks sluggish and old. My friend has dual Titans, three ROG Swift G-Sync monitors and the games visiually just blew me away. 1080p looks like some 1990s resolution once you go 1440p 144hz.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Once you go 1440p or 2160p[4K], you don't want to go back to 1080p. It looks sluggish and old. My friend has dual Titans, three ROG Swift G-Sync monitors and the games visiually just blew me away. 1080p looks like some 1990s resolution once you go 1440p 144hz.
      lol i'm gonna be honest before I made the upgrade I had no idea anything could look this good.

The R9 is a beast, even with everything I throw at it i'm still hitting 100 fps with some games.

I was thinking about going 4k but it just doesn't make sense for the price right now, there's not a lot of support for it yet and I thought I would need a better card.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-10-2015, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Yea for 4K gaming you're going to need powerful dual cards if you want good fps.

4K's will get cheaper, I saw a 43 inch Sharp 4K for $550, downside is that it's 60hz. Anyways, ideal size is 27inch for gaming.

Comment

I'd trade graphics for games that are actually fun.

It's amazing that for all the high tech realistic graphics that games offer now that a game like Super Mario World is still better than 99% of anything out there.

Graphics, realism and online play are now the cornerstone which games are developed on, playability and fun factor seem almost secondary.

Comment

Well Super Mario is a very basic classic. I love that game, and I still love some PS1 games. I have some classics in my tablet, and I also purchase old Nintendo games in my 3DS.

But the thing is that games were always improving visually, and that is something gamers always looked forward to. Tetris is a good game if you are bored to death, but people also want to be impressed with the visuals and gameplay of a Drake Uncharted and Far Cry 4 and Tomb Raider.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
              I'd trade graphics for games that are actually fun.

It's amazing that for all the high tech realistic graphics that games offer now that a game like Super Mario World is still better than 99% of anything out there.

Graphics, realism and online play are now the cornerstone which games are developed on, playability and fun factor seem almost secondary.
              I used to say the same thing, until I actually got this jacked setup. Gameplay and Graphics don't have to be mutually exclusive. You don't have to choose between one and the other. Yeah if a game is fun the graphics don't matter, but if the graphics are state of the art it's like visual crack.

The last game I downloaded (torrented for free , like 99% of all my PC games) was Lords of the Fallen and the first time I booted it up I literally just stared in awe at the title screen for like 15 minutes, drinking in every little thing. The face in the title screen was so detailed, and there are all these little touches that you almost can't believe what you're looking at. It almost feels like you can reach out and touch it and feel actual human skin.

It's not even about realism, we've already surpassed realism. When I look at my screen it looks better than real life. I get a better picture on my rig than I can process with my eyes by themselves lol

Comment

Try playing any sports game on PC you'll be playing yourself. I bought 2k on PC just to try it out in 1440p but finding a match takes about thirty minutes and mypark is empty 24\7. Went back to the one and servers are full always.

the game looks beautiful though. just don't like playing the cpu, need some online play.

Comment

Originally posted by JRM View Post
                  Try playing any sports game on PC you'll be playing yourself. I bought 2k on PC just to try it out in 1440p but finding a match takes about thirty minutes and mypark is empty 24\7. Went back to the one and servers are full always.

the game looks beautiful though. just don't like playing the cpu, need some online play.
                  That's true sports games aren't a big market on PC, so they don't have the servers for multiplayer.

The only place to play NBA2k is in the living room anyway.

Comment

I can't justify the money

i can drop a couple of hundred on a ps4 or xbox one, but for a real gaming pc it's at minimum 1000 pounds and my girlfriend would wring my neck

I'd love to have a go on a top notch gaming pc though

Comment

Working...
                    X