Juan "BABY BULL" Diaz, comeback?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His career as a lawyer didn't work out?

Comment

[QUOTE=MANIAC310;13774863]He's looked surprisingly good in his comeback.

Watch the first round of his last fight. It looks like he's shaken off the ring rust

@2:45

He is still massively open to shots still, drops his hands from his chin with every shot and loads up on every shot also. He will get picked to pieces by guys that time him and throw when he throws hes also a counter punchers dream apart from the fact he wasn't throwing singles.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
        Yeah, I heard that's the plan. Oscar said he wanted Diaz to take a few tuneups before making it happen. I personally think Diaz whoops Omar in a war.

yea Diaz is just an all around better fighter, you can never count a guy like Figueroa out though, he's coming to bring the pain, we'll see what Diaz's soft body can take that's for sure. Omar loves going to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
          Can't wait for Diaz vs Omar Figueroa, it's coming.
          I really hope it gets made. I actually think Diaz can beat him

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          His career as a lawyer didn't work out?
          he's in the trucking business now. Infact I heard this comeback was so he could get additional funds to help his business out. Not sure how true that is though

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
            Maybe. If he hires a real strength and conditioning coach and a real trainer.

The ones he has now are a joke, just look at his body!

He'd be a force if be got with the right team!
            Alex Ariza where are you??)

Comment

I think he looked good.
              Hopefully he grows into 140 with
              The right team.

Comment

Just rewatched his ko loss to Marquez a few weeks ago. Hell of a war that was. He isn't top level, and will be worse since is older now and doesn't stay in shape (ever) but hes fun to have around.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  he's always looked like that.... he's just one those guys.. Morales, Mikey, Rios have never been ripped or muscular. That's just their body type
                  I never believed that Diaz is just one of those guys who doesn't have a good looking body. People said the same thing about Curtis Stevens when he was fighting as a super middle and light heavyweight, now look, he's a middleweight.

I think if Diaz got serious serious, he'd be cut up too. Saying that's his body type is a cop out.

Back on topic, no, I don't think he'll make noise at 140 pounds. They figured him out a long time ago, that he doesn't really have big power or the skills to keep guys off of him when he's overpowered. His work rate was his strongest asset, and that doesn't improve with age.

Comment

I don't know how far he will go with his comeback but his staying active like he is will help.

Comment

He will beat Figueroa, mark my words.

Comment

Working...
                      X