Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire is paving the way for how often fighters should fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh. I'm one of the bigger Donaire fans on this site and he gets no credit from me. Dude's last fight was a payday. STRICTLY. He fought with a bad injury he wanted that money so bad. I'll give him credit for being an active fighter if he keeps it up after his profile has increased. He fought three times this year as far as I'm concerned. Nothing record breaking.

Comment

Originally posted by 707puncher View Post
      I didnt know vazquez jr, nishioka, and arce are bums? Im sure a talented keyboard warrior like yourself could beat them with ease.

I wouldnt say Nonito is "paving" the way, but i give him props for at least being active and not allowing politics to have him fight only once a year.

For those who truly understand boxing, you know that preparing for a fight puts a ton of stress on your body. From the diet, the running, the 3 times a day training, muscles/joints/bones getting worn, its hard. It takes usually 2 months to properly prepare for a fight, so if Nonito is fighting every 4 months, he literally is only allowing himself 3-4 months of rest (at most)for the ENTIRE year, which is crazy at the pro level with that many fights against quality opposition.
      How come in the old days the likes of Sugar Ray Robinson could fight 6+ times a year.

Also, SMH @ the posters saying Donaire fought bums. Mayweather fights once a year and he is getting props. He will probably fight once this year. Again.

Comment

he fought 4 times but none were against rigo. 4 chances and 4 failures. at least floyd stays hidden when he's ducking.

Comment

just wait till he is tested he has not been of late

Comment

If Donaire earned over 20 million per fight he would not fight 3 times a year. If he was earning that kind of money people would be more critical over the fighters he has fought of late.

When Mayweather and Pacquiao were Donaire's age and in the same position in terms of exposure they fought as frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
              Leo santa cruz is paving the way he fought 5 times.
              Deontay Wilder is paving the way he fought 6 times

Comment

mayweather is also the king pin. i dont see how you can compare the two

Comment

I want to see him do it again next year...... To make up for lost time

Comment

because they got paid pennies

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
                      How come in the old days the likes of Sugar Ray Robinson could fight 6+ times a year.

Also, SMH @ the posters saying Donaire fought bums. Mayweather fights once a year and he is getting props. He will probably fight once this year. Again.
                      Because in the Sugar Ray Robinson days, money took a seat to boxing. Im 30 years old, been watching boxing my entire life since my dad introduced me to it on our old wooden Zenith televison in the 80s. My dad was used to watching old school fighter like Hearns, Hagler, Ali, Frazier, etc.

The old baby boomer generation were blue collar, hard working people. Not like todays generation of overprivileged brats, which includes athletes, boxers are not exempt from that. Obviously money plays a factor, boxing is a business first and foremost, but imo, boxers are now using the money as an excuse to avoid each other. To me, its their way of putting the blame on the money, rather than flat out admitting they are afraid to fight. Just calling it how i see it.

Comment

Working...
                      X