Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ring Mag: Vlad Loses To Holmes, Tyson, Liston. Really?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he fights his fight,it's difficult to imagine anybody beating Wladimir Klitschko.He's just that good.Unquestionably an ATG fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      But Hasim Rahman is ranked 43 by the objective, computerized BoxRec.

You don't seem to understand that sanctioning bodies rankings have a lot more to do with politics than with who the best fighters are, especially the WBA.

There are many, many better heavyweights out there than the faded Rahman: Helenius, Chambers, Perez, Ortiz, Price, Pulev, Dimitrenko, etc.
      They are better than Rahmman but that doesn't mean they are good right now. Look at Helenius. He has size and some talent. I may not have seen him as much as you or other posters, but he isn't excatly ready for the big time. Can we agree on that?

That he is probably the best challenger out there after Adamek is startling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        Holmes definitely came on rioght after the glory years of the HWT division. But he was accumulating wins during the heyday, he just wasn't the champ. But the HWT division is currently at its worst. Not because most are eastern europeans but because the talent level is low.

Think about it. The two best available challengers for the HWT titles are Adamek and Haye, two blown up crusierweights fighting at HWT for the money.
        Haye is not now and never was one of the best available challengers for the heavyweight title. If you believed that, you just bought his line of crap and didn't look at the evidence.

I encourage you to go watch some old Marciano fights, Louis fights, etc., and then come back and tell me how much better the heavyweight division was back then when they were finding bartenders and cab drivers for Rocky to fight than it is now. How about Larry Holmes vs Tex Cobb, what a classic!

That's a fantasy created by nostalgia, a sin of which boxing fans are among the worst at perpetrating.
        Last edited by Grinderman; 08-30-2011, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          They are better than Rahmman but that doesn't mean they are good right now. Look at Helenius. He has size and some talent. I may not have seen him as much as you or other posters, but he isn't excatly ready for the big time. Can we agree on that?

That he is probably the best challenger out there after Adamek is startling.
          Helenius isn't the finished product just yet, but without a doubt he would KO the faded Rahman right now.

So would Perez, Price, Mitchell, Ortiz, Dimitrenko, Gerber, and many other young HWs.

Rahman ducked a fight with Tyson Fury earlier this year. He knows his current limitations.

Comment

• Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
            If he fights his fight,it's difficult to imagine anybody beating Wladimir Klitschko.He's just that good.Unquestionably an ATG fighter.
            Riiiiiight.

Comment

• I agree with all three.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                Yeah so what if he did? Wlad has only 2 more. Patterson win a better win than any of Wlads. Listons resume isn't base around his title run he cleared out the division before winning the title you dumb ****, had Pattersons management allowed the fight to go through earlier I'm sure he would have racked up a good few title defenses.
                LOL. Liston did what the mafia told him to do, and so did his opponents. Most of his fights were fixes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grinderman View Post
                  Haye is not now and never was one of the best available challengers for the heavyweight title. If you believed that, you just bought his line of crap and didn't look at the evidence.

I encourage you to go watch some old Marciano fights, Louis fights, etc., and then come back and tell me how much better the heavyweight division was back then than it is now. How about Larry Holmes vs Tex Cobb, what a classic!

That's a fantasy created by nostalgia, a sin of which boxing fans are among the worst at perpetrating.
                  YOu still didn't let me know the signature win for Vitali.

I have watched boxing a long time. I am completely sure this is the worst I've ever seen the division. There is size but very little talent. Back then there was talent and skill but little size. You discredit Haye but not ADamek. WHile my guess is you have other reasons for doing so you at least agre Vitali's best challenge is a blown up cruiser. This shows where the division is and has been in the last few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                    You're judging a top 10 heavyweight ATG (some would say 5) off of one fight?
                    90% if not more do exactly that.

For some strange reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      Riiiiiight.

It's just an opinion,brah - respect it.

Comment

Working...
                      X