No announcement yet.

The Forgotten Mijares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Forgotten Mijares

Cristian Mijares once a pound for pound status fighter. Now you dont hear anything about him nowadays. Was anyone a fan of his? I've watched a couple of fights of his including the one with Darchinyan. He had the skills to pay the bills. What happened? how did he fall so quick?

I'm still a fan, how can I forget a dude with so much talent to evade shots. His fight vs Jose Navarro was a classic clinic. I think his downfall was his overconfidence, sometimes he looked arrogant. I thought he did enough to beat Cermeño on the first fight. Anyway, Im still hoping he climbs back.

Comment

ever since the arce fight, he's fame grew and he started partying fckin b!tches and trainin halfass.

Comment

I liked how he stayed in the pocket and always made his opponents miss by a couple of inches. Then out of nowhere he decided to try and switch his style up a little and it backfired on him. It'd be nice to see him make a comeback just so their could be even more depth to that stacked bantamweight division.

Comment

His next fight is against Juan Alberto Rosas, for the IBF super flyweight title on the December 11, 2010. Rosas won the title this past July.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...5338&cat=boxer

Comment

Originally posted by MXboxingfan View Post
            His next fight is against Juan Alberto Rosas, for the IBF super flyweight title on the December 11, 2010. Rosas won the title this past July.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...5338&cat=boxer
            He might not get past Rosas. He needs to get back into heis old ways when he was confident with boxing skills.

Comment

He ran into 2 tough matchups.

He's a very good inside fighter, but not all too good at fighting on the outside.

Darchinyan doesn't fight on the inside at all and he didn't have to because he was landing his left hand whenever. Cermeno can switch it up when he wants to he chose to fight on the outside. They are good fighter though and they both happen to be pretty rough and good on the outside.

Rosas puts on a ton of pressure, he even made Montiel uncomfortable at 118. I bet against him with Nonqayi because I though Nonqayi's African toughness and stamina would prevail, as it did against the Arce's.

That said, I will be betting on Mijares because he has solid stamina, workrate, and defense. He should be able to pick apart Rosas on the inside without succumbing to the pressure and power, but I have to take better look at some of their last few fights.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post

He's a very good inside fighter, but not all too good at fighting on the outside.

Darchinyan doesn't fight on the inside at all and he didn't have to because he was landing his left hand whenever. Cermeno can switch it up when he wants to he chose to fight on the outside. They are good fighter though and they both happen to be pretty rough and good on the outside.

Rosas puts on a ton of pressure, he even made Montiel uncomfortable at 118. I bet against him with Nonqayi because I though Nonqayi's African toughness and stamina would prevail, as it did against the Arce's.

That said, I will be betting on Mijares because he has solid stamina, workrate, and defense. He should be able to pick apart Rosas on the inside without succumbing to the pressure and power, but I have to take better look at some of their last few fights.
                No doubt man, Cristian was a defensive master when fighting on the inside. I think Cristian is going to remind us what made him so great on superfly weight against Rosas.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post

Great call. Cristian Mijares just became the IBF super flyweight champion.
                  Last edited by MXboxingfan; 12-12-2010, 12:26 AM.

Comment

well hopefully he can come in 100% from here and on... i wish id seen the fight.. congrats to mijares!

Comment

Working...
                    X