Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r ! z View Post
    thanks man

its the Dinamita Cartel, warding off all haters LOL
    I just dig skull and cross bones my man hot **** looks like a cool tat....Lefty

Comment

Yah, his heart won't win him the fight alone, but it'll keep him going until the bell (or until he's stopped, if it happens).

And I agree. When you're talking about guys like Pacquiao, Marquez, Mayweather, these guys' gameplans aren't predicated on being monstrously bigger in the ring than their opponent. The (small) size differentials and the weight aren't the key factors in these fights. It's about the skills.

Mayweather-Marquez should be a competetive, cagey fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Man In Black View Post
        Yah, his heart won't win him the fight alone, but it'll keep him going until the bell (or until he's stopped, if it happens).

And I agree. When you're talking about guys like Pacquiao, Marquez, Mayweather, these guys' gameplans aren't predicated on being monstrously bigger in the ring than their opponent. The (small) size differentials and the weight aren't the key factors in these fights. It's about the skills.

Mayweather-Marquez should be a competetive, cagey fight.
        His heart will push him forward even in the face of agression and he will fight like hell to try to win. I do see this as being a very competitive fight especially since Floyd hasnt fought in over 18 months while Marquez has been busy...Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by r ! z View Post
          a person's heart is rougly the size of their fist

**** this failure of a thread

BPP - please delete.

so dismissive

Comment

Now I am seeing people post threads saying they had a dream about this fight. Telling us how they dreamt it might go. I tell you sometimes dreams can turn into nightmares my man ask anybody. I made this thread because to me heart and will are two factors that can change a fight in an instance. The heart to get up off the canvas and fight back the heart to push forward even though you are being fired upon and return fire. The heart to stay in there with someone who might have you out gunned and has more skill then you but you bang it out until you have nothing left. The will to force your body to stand up even when the strength and stamina is gone from your limbs. The will to say yes when everyone else is screaming no. These factors can never be measured the weigh we can step on a scale and say 147lbs or a 141lbs. But if they were then in my mind Marquez is one of the heaviest fighters around. This is why I made this thread to talk about fighters that have heart and will. Talk about fighters that have courage and want to be the best. You have to look hard now in today's game to find them. With the world being dominated by P4P lists and PPV buys goals have changed from those of past days. But every now and then you find a fighter that comes along and his goal is simple it don't involve PPV buys and phony alphabet titles it involes being the best because he beat the best. he is willing to step up to that challenge. That is why even though I may or may not be a fan of a guy like Marquez I respect him....Lefty

Comment

Yeah, and EVERYBODY was bigger (taller, at least) than Tyson. Big frigging deal.

There's not a huge size difference between the two. It might matter a little, but in the end it'll probably come down to whether or not Floyd makes mistakes and gets caught and KO'd. If he fights 100% safe, it'll go 12 rounds and there's no way to tell what the judges will do. It'll look alot like the DLH fight, and Floyd will probably squeeze out a win by a round. If he makes a fight of it, flip a coin.

Why do all you guys think FMJ is invincible? He's been caught and hurt badly a few times by much lesser opponents. Corley put him on queer street, and would've KO'd him if he were any kind of finisher at all. I'm not saying JMM will win, just that he stands a fair enough chance of it (around 40%) in my opinion. The guy's highly skilled and conditioned, has enough power to hurt a junior middle, and has an enormous heart. All you guys counting the fight as already over are going to make the odds jump dramatically and force me to put a couple of grand on JMM.

Comment

Working...
              X