Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG Can Have The Canelo Fight Right Now If He Just Accepts The Terms!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Well said homie...

ggg scared of greatness. Let's face it, the "G" aint in him.

but, but, but, Canelo bigger doe.

That means he's cutting more weight than ggg then right? Shouldnt be a problem then should it

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CANELO! View Post
        Now lets not get into the whole GGG said anyone from 154-168 and now that the real fighters came to the table (canelo and ward) it quickly changed to 160-164, this is not what this thread is about.

This is a sport of risk, you must risk something to get your reward and plenty of fighters Have had to eat shit as the B side and bow to demands and terms that aren't in their favor for their shot at that glory.

Pacquaio had to jump up 2 weigth classes to fight boxing superstar oscar de la hoya, you dont think he would had wanted that fight under better terms? OF COURSE but that oppurtunity showed it self and you take it in order to grab that glory, Pacquaio took that figth cause he believed he could win!

Mayweather jumped up 1 division and had to bow down to OScar many demands, You dont think he would had wanted that fight under better terms? OF COURSE but he took that fight cause he believed he could win and it was his shot.

Canelo cut 2lbs to get the Mayweather fights, You dont think he would have wanted that fight under better terms? OF COURSE but he took that fight cause he believed he could win.

and plenty of other figthers etc etc

Every boxer comes to a crossroad in their career where they must decide do I dare to be great or do I side step it and just continue to do what I do? Imagine if Mayweather never fought Oscar? Pacquaio never fought oscar they wouldent be these superstars they are today.

So that fight is there for GGG but does he believe he can win?
        Even though you make valid points, people will **** all over this. I will admit I don't like catch weights AT ALL, but it is the business of boxing, and it's here to stay and it's getting worse.

The B side ALWAYS has to bow down to the A side, and that will ALWAYS be the case.

I also don't agree with the people complaining about the day after weight, as both men have the same opportunity to come at whichever weight they see fit. If you choose to come in lighter that's on you.

I would prefer to see them both fight at 160, but sometimes in these fights the B side has to make certain concessions if they want a fight bad enough and want the payday, and as you stated ALL these guys at some point in there career have had to do it.

I wish Canelo would have walked away and not taken the 152 lb catch weigth Floyd enforced but I guess the money is too great. Canelo also had to accept the 155 lb catchweight, when he wanted 157 but he had to accept Cotto's terms because Cotto was the A side in that scenario as well. I feel if I was Canelo at his age with his whole career ahead of him, and money to be made in the future I would have walked away from the Floyd catchweight, but it is what it is.

This has been done well before Canelo and it will continue to be done well adter, it sucks but it's part of the business of boxing now. I feel the business of boxing is ruining boxing now, but as fans we have to either except it or stop watching. Thi9se are really the only 2 options. Complaining about it will not solve anything because it's not gonna stop, it's only gonna continue to happen more al over boxing.

Comment

Canelo and GGG are my two favorite fighters and in this case I side with GGG. Canelo is the WBC middleweight champion and he should defend it at the proper 160 pounds and not an ounce less or give the title up. He has no right to change the middleweight limit to some new lower weight. The world titles belong to boxing and they aren't the personal property of the boxer who holds the title. Cotto was a poor middleweight champion because he went a full year without defending it and never defended it or even won it at 160 pounds. Canelo should be a better champion than that. Mayweather was the 154 pound champion and he was wrong to make Canelo fight for it at 152. Canelo shouldn't have excepted that weight and he said so himself and said he would never again fight below 154. It doesn't matter what GGG's trainer or promoter said about him fighting anyone from 154 to 168 if they ever said that. What is reality is GGG is a middleweight champion and to be a good champion he only needs to fight the best at 160 and no higher or lower weight. What you ask of GGG just turn that around and ask it of Canelo. Canelo should dare to be great and defend his middleweight title at the 160 pounds he is supposed to defend it at. Doesn't Canelo believe he can beat GGG at 160 pounds. They are my two favorite fighters no matter how this plays out but I think Canelo is the one who is wrong in this situation.

Comment

Word in on the street that Canelo also dropped the 155 option.
            we will see who is lying soon.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CANELO! View Post
              Now lets not get into the whole GGG said anyone from 154-168 and now that the real fighters came to the table (canelo and ward) it quickly changed to 160-164, this is not what this thread is about.

This is a sport of risk, you must risk something to get your reward and plenty of fighters Have had to eat shit as the B side and bow to demands and terms that aren't in their favor for their shot at that glory.

Pacquaio had to jump up 2 weigth classes to fight boxing superstar oscar de la hoya, you dont think he would had wanted that fight under better terms? OF COURSE but that oppurtunity showed it self and you take it in order to grab that glory, Pacquaio took that figth cause he believed he could win!

Mayweather jumped up 1 division and had to bow down to OScar many demands, You dont think he would had wanted that fight under better terms? OF COURSE but he took that fight cause he believed he could win and it was his shot.

Canelo cut 2lbs to get the Mayweather fights, You dont think he would have wanted that fight under better terms? OF COURSE but he took that fight cause he believed he could win.

and plenty of other figthers etc etc

Every boxer comes to a crossroad in their career where they must decide do I dare to be great or do I side step it and just continue to do what I do? Imagine if Mayweather never fought Oscar? Pacquaio never fought oscar they wouldent be these superstars they are today.

So that fight is there for GGG but does he believe he can win?
              pacquiao and floyd were from different divisions than oscar. the catcheweight is somewhat understandable.

GGG and canelo BOTH FIGHT IN THE SAME DIVISION, BOTH HAVE MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLES.

how is a guy who carries a middlweight crown and reweighs on fight night as a supermiddle to light heavy ask a fellow middlewight titlist for a catchweight???

its not the same and your comparison doesnt work.

its quite dishonest.

Comment

Being the A side should not be an excuse for a champion to use unfair BS against the B side fighter. The B side fighter can always say no even if it costs him a big fight. Cotto didn't like Pacquiao using a catchweight against him but he jumped at the chance to use catchweights to his advantage later on. GGG is not the B side to Canelo by that much. He can make other good fights if he can't come to terms with Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad_Fan View Post
                  You saw the response you got, right? A W is a W. Typical Canelo fan mentality. Typical JCC Jr. mentality as well. Who the hell cares at what weight Canelo gets his W over GGG? Drain him to 155. Hell... drain him even further if that means weakening the **** out of him. You mentioned Canelo walks around at 170+. The comment got all but ignored. It's irrelevant. All that matters is either coming into the ring 20+ pounds heavier than your opponent.... or draining the **** out of your opponent so he's weakened. You've seen in a few posts the total mindset of Canelo/JCC Jr. fans. Nothing more need be said.
                  Look I like Canelo and GGG this doesn't have to be because I root for one I can't like the other.

So do you discredit Floyd win over Canelo because he drained him down, and weakened him.

Don't say it was only 2 lbs, because when he knows Canelo is already stuggling to make 154, and makes him come down 2 extra lbs is a BIG DEAL. Have to lose the extra weight and rehydrate weakens you. It's over and is what it is but by your logic Floyd wekened the **** out of Canelo right?

Once again before you call me a HATER, I'm a fan of both

Comment

!WAR CANELO!;16328585]A W is a W i can care less, Why make it easy for GGG fuck him.

SUGAR RAY LENRD:
                    Efff him? Dude why go there? First of all, as fans we should show respect to the fighters, for all they do is bring us entertainment. why the disrespect? I get it ...you are so into Canelo that to hell w/ everything us. But just less then 3 weeks ago many in here were critizing Cotto for the same thing & now the double standard.

WAR CANELO!;
                    just the name of the game, boxers are always gonna use their advantage GGG tried to get ward at 164 so its the same shit canelo is doing to him now. So GGG isnt above it too its just hes on teh shit end of it now. thats just how boxing goes you gonna stack every possible chip in your favor you possibly can.[/QUOTE]

SUGAR RAY LENRD:
                    ok you make a valid point here, others have used it before, Cotto on Geale, Floyd on Canelo, etc...But I too would rather they fight at the weight lim it of 160 lbs the actual middleweight limit....

Comment

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
                      Look I like Canelo and GGG this doesn't have to be because I root for one I can't like the other.

So do you discredit Floyd win over Canelo because he drained him down, and weakened him.

Don't say it was only 2 lbs, because when he knows Canelo is already stuggling to make 154, and makes him come down 2 extra lbs is a BIG DEAL. Have to lose the extra weight and rehydrate weakens you. It's over and is what it is but by your logic Floyd wekened the **** out of Canelo right?

Once again before you call me a HATER, I'm a fan of both

Hey I can respect your points and how you've made them. But here's the thing.....

Floyd-Canelo totally different from Canelo-GGG. Floyd is a SIGNIFICANTLY smaller man than Canelo. The only way to make this into a somewhat fair fight was to have Canelo come down in weight. The same cannot be said for Canelo-GGG. Canelo has the size RIGHT NOW to fight GGG at 160. The fact that he doesn't, means he's unsure of himself (as is his team) and feels he could very well get KTFO'ed by GGG.

But let's go back to Floyd-Canelo. Weight notwithstanding, Floyd takes Canelo to school at any weight ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. Floyd is a master boxer. Canelo (cough)..... is not.

Again, I respect your opinion, and the fact you're a fan of both. Me..... I'm a fan of GGG, not Canelo. Any fighter that is brought along (since the very beginning) with the amount of hype that Canelo was brought along (a silver spoon, sort of speak).... doesn't cut it with me. And to this day, Canelo has yet to fight an elite fighter HIS OWN SIZE and at his peak, to prove the hype is warranted. Austin Trout was the closest to fit the requirements above.

Comment

Working...
                      X