No announcement yet.

Initial reports are 10 dead in Oregon college shooting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
    I've said a hell of a lot worse to people face to face. I've told separatists here in Quebec that if I was in charge, they would all be lined up against the wall and shot for treason. What are they going to do? Try to hit me? Good luck with that. The first shot is free and then they take you away in handcuffs and I end up owning your ass and every thing you own. I've been in my share of bar fights and have had guns stuck in my face and shoved in my back more than once in my life.

Someone has a problem with me, get in line. If you are not bright enough to win a debate, you sure as **** will not win a fight.

I have never been shy or afraid to speak my mind and what you see is what you get. I don't need a gun to defend myself either. Even at my age with a defibrillator/pacemaker in my chest.

So you are that loud mouth in the crowd that likes to bark the loudest but when **** gets real you wait for someone to rescue you? Is that what I'm reading?

Comment

• The worst thing you can do to this guy is flat out ignore him.

When someone shoots up a school instead of turning them into a rockstar and a fetish for teenage girls, focus on the victims and letting the families know who survived.

Give the shooter a media blackout throw his body in a landfill.

I think we can't get through to a lot of people. They do this for attention. The more attention they get the more often it happens. Banning guns won't do ****. That marathon bomber got his face on the cover of Rolling Stone. The media's sick obsession is directly responsible for all the lives lost.

Mentally ill people are always going to exist. If you pump enough opportunities for infamy into their heads they will take them.

Comment

• Armed vets at the school were ordered by the school staff to stand down and not get involved in the situation when gun shots rangout. School principle has also said today that she continues to support a gun free campus..meaning the security guards on campus today only armed with pepper spray will continue to have only that

Comment

• Still a time for mourning though. This was nobodies fault but the sinister shooter himself

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
            Gun Control? Really? What a ******ed and simplistic view to what is happening. As if the crazy ****ers wouldn't have went on YouTube and built a homemade bomb or something. Found a gun illegally etc.

Use your heads. Why don't we make alcohol illegal? Why don't we tell anyone who ever crashes a car never drive again? Let's ban fast food restaurants. Cigs, over the counter drugs,etc. All of which do far more damage in our society.

Guns have nothing to do with the lack of awareness on mental disabilities in this country. Or the gang bangers in Chicago. Or just stupid ****ing people. You can't punish 99%for the 1%of abusers.
            So by your way of thinking, here in Canada we have 10% your population so we should have 10% of mass killings, even with our gun laws. Last time I checked, I can't remember anyone blowing up a school or workplace or running into one with a sword or a knife or a chainsaw or mowing down people in a car or a truck or a bus. Or going on a killing spree with a crossbow or other weapon. Why is that do you think? We logically should have 10% of your numbers here in Canada. That means about 14 school massacres or attacks in three years. As far as I can remember, we have not had even ONE in that time period. The most recent one I can think of was way back in 2006 here in Montreal!

Maybe because we have a more civilized culture to begin with? Maybe because we don't celebrate violence and guns the way Americans do? Why is it that we have such little violence here in Canada than in the US? Our murder rate per year for the entire country is less than you have in New York or Chicago in less than one year.

Of course it can't have something to do with the insane availability of guns in the US could it? That would be too simple. Nah. It couldn't be.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Malo. View Post
              So you are that loud mouth in the crowd that likes to bark the loudest but when **** gets real you wait for someone to rescue you? Is that what I'm reading?
              I hold Black Belts in three martial arts. I was an instructor in two of them for many years. I used to train bouncers for bars in Montreal. I have never needed anyone to rescue me in my life.

We live in a civilized society where there are legal methods to take care of idiots that do not involve dropping down to their level. Someone touches me in a bar and I will have him arrested. No big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                So by your way of thinking, here in Canada we have 10% your population so we should have 10% of mass killings, even with our gun laws. Last time I checked, I can't remember anyone blowing up a school or workplace or running into one with a sword or a knife or a chainsaw or mowing down people in a car or a truck or a bus. Or going on a killing spree with a crossbow or other weapon. Why is that do you think? We logically should have 10% of your numbers here in Canada. That means about 14 school massacres or attacks in three years. As far as I can remember, we have not had even ONE in that time period. The most recent one I can think of was way back in 2006 here in Montreal!

Maybe because we have a more civilized culture to begin with? Maybe because we don't celebrate violence and guns the way Americans do? Why is it that we have such little violence here in Canada than in the US? Our murder rate per year for the entire country is less than you have in New York or Chicago in less than one year.

Of course it can't have something to do with the insane availability of guns in the US could it? That would be too simple. Nah. It couldn't be.
                Maybe because you're Canadians. D*mn rifle droppers

Comment

• Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                  Armed vets at the school were ordered by the school staff to stand down and not get involved in the situation when gun shots rangout. School principle has also said today that she continues to support a gun free campus..meaning the security guards on campus today only armed with pepper spray will continue to have only that
                  what
                  the

Comment

• Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                    Maybe because you're Canadians. D*mn rifle droppers
                    I actually own two rifles and two shotguns. One rifle is a Marlin lever action .35 caliber, the other is a Savage model 99 .308 Winchester. The two shotguns were made in Belgium and were custom made and are each one of a kind. I used to be a very active hunter but have not hunted in a number of years now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
                      what
                      the
                      One of the Vet's on Hannity tonight said he is always carrying in Oregan despite gun free zones. Initially he and others wanted to assist the situation but school staff ordered them to remain where they were and lock the doors. These guys, if I heard correct, were 200 yrds on campus from the shooting

Comment

Working...
                      X