Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Heavyweight division the best division in boxing right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
    Yes? No? What do you guys think?
    Talent wise, I would say no, but the problem is we have a lot of deep divisions, like Tom Cruise pointed out, but no one is really fighting each other. So while i personally feel that WW, JMW, and CW are the most talented divisions in boxing, its hard to argue with someone that may feel that the HWs are the best atm until people actually start stepping in the ring.
    Last edited by DreamerUSA; 01-19-2016, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
      Talent wise, I would say no, but the problem is we have a lot of deep divisions, like Tom Cruise pointed out, but no one is really fighting each other. So while i personally feel that WW, JWW, and CW are the most talented divisions in boxing, its hard to argue with someone that may feel that the HWs are the best atm until people actually start stepping in the ring.
      I can hear that. The bolded is how I feel about the welterweights too. It's time they started fighting each other and I hope Thurman-Porter is a step in that direction

Comment

LHW is my favourite division on paper right now but unfortunately it's one of the worst for politics

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
          Yes? No? What do you guys think?
          No the 155 pound and 172 pound Division is the best at this time

Comment

Here are the best divisions in boxing at the moment.

1. Featherweight division

2. Welterweight division

3. Middleweight division

4. Flyweight division

5. Heavyweight division

Comment

With Mayweather gone for now, the Heavyweights are all I really care about. Ward-Kovalev will be nice too.

Comment

HW is hardly ever the best division in terms of having the highest number of P4P fighters. But there's just no getting around the fact that it's the most exciting, interesting division in boxing right now for the vast majority of people interested in boxing.

Only hardcore fans get all pumped for a Loma-Rigo bout lol. I like the WW division and it's probably 2nd in terms of fan interest. I think top to bottom Cruiser and LHW are the best divisions in terms of talent..

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Well no one has agreed with the OP so far and even he was only asking the question lol
                  Point is that there is a thread about it. Imagine what would have happened had this thread been done 3 months ago.

Anglofication much?

Comment

I think it will be by the end of 2016

What will separate the Heavyweight from the rest is exactly what happened on Saturday. Fury jumping in the ring and taunting Wilder to his face, Chisora showing up to Martin Presser and issuing a Challenge, I think the Heavyweight Division is on the right Path.

No direspect to Wlad and Vitali, both was nothing but pure class during their legendary careers but classy is considered "Boring" by simple minded casuals
                    Last edited by sicko; 01-19-2016, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I don't think its the best division but it does have a lot of intriguing fights among wilder, fury, Joshua, povetkin, Ortiz and a few others.

Comment

Working...
                      X