What is the one Filipino dish you cannot live without

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the one Filipino dish you cannot live without

Please vote.

As far as I'm concerned, I love fish and shrimp sinigang done the old school way, with the tamarind not the one in the packet.

I had it in the Philippines at a Dampa in Paranaque and it was delicious, you could really taste the tamarind flavor and I guess they used good quality fish sauce because it just didn't taste like someone dumped a ton of salt in it.
    Sinigang(Pork, shrimp, or fish)
    11.76%
    Pinakbet
    0.00%
    Adobo(Pork or chicken)
    17.65%
    Sotanghon(not soup base)
    0.00%
    Lechon
    35.29%
    Kare Kare(ox tail in peanut sauce)
    17.65%
    Bistek(Slices of beef w/ soy sauce and onions)
    5.88%
    Bulalo
    11.76%
    Mechado
    0.00%
    Kaldereta
    0.00%
    Last edited by We want Floyd; 08-29-2009, 04:43 PM.

i can live without any of those.. but my favorites are sinigang, kare kare, relyenong pusit, dinuguan, pakbet, mechado, menudo, tapsilog, pansit bihon, sotanghon, pansit malabon, lumpia, etc lol

here in houston, we have a filipino buffet probably the biggest filipino buffet in the US

Comment

voted adobo. ang gusto ko kasi pag sinigang, hipon. eh mejo mahal ang hipon kaya adobo binoto ko kasi mas affordable

Comment

Originally posted by UncleSam View Post
        i can live without any of those.. but my favorites are sinigang, kare kare, relyenong pusit, dinuguan, pakbet, mechado, menudo, tapsilog, pansit bihon, sotanghon, pansit malabon, lumpia, etc lol

here in houston, we have a filipino buffet probably the biggest filipino buffet in the US
        Dude, the thread is asking for one dish, you named everything on the f**kin' menu, pig, hehe

Comment

The best bulalo I've had btw was somewhere nearby Cuneta Astrodome. They also had the best grilled pangat ng tuna, I hope I got that right, sorry.

And they also had the tuna belly, oooh, it was great. I wonder if that resto is still there, it is said to be frequented by the PBA coaches and players after games.

Comment

para sa akin tapsilog lang ok na kasi mas mura.

Comment

Bulalo para sa akin kaya lang ndi pwede evryday dahil walang masyadong datong. Realistically, tuyo na lang...ung nabibili sa tindahan sa kanto. Mura pa minsan pag walang kaliskis! Inilalagay namin sa gitna ng lamesa tapos aamoyin namin sabay kain ng kanin. One time binatukan ako ni erpats dahil medyo matagal kong inamoy ung tuyo...ang sabi niya pinapapak ko daw ung ulam!

True story!

Comment

Having read the posts, alot of you are basing your favorites on how much it costs.

The reality is, times are hard. But, this is meant to celebrate our great Pinoy dishes. So quit including $$$$ into the equation when making your choices for your fave Pinoy dish that you can't live w/o!!

Comment

If there are barbeque sticks (beef, chicken, or pork) present, I will put them on my plate first. Then I look for the Kare-Kare, and Sinigang.
                  Last edited by Little Mac; 08-29-2009, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Mac View Post

If there are barbeque sticks (beef, chicken, or pork) present, I will put them on my plate first. Then I look for the Kare-Kare, and Sinigang.
                    ^^^ the best

Comment

Working...
                    X