Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Mayweather Beat This Improved Version Of Canelo At 155?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    do you think he could beat floyd at 155 if they fought in 8 weeks and training camp? Im sure you dont so STFU.....excuses are for losers

Canelo was dumb enough to try and outsmart the most adaptable fighter in the game and also the best counter fighter....he was stupid fighting like that...he should have imposed his size....but im sure you wont admit he fought with the dumbest plan ever versus a pure boxer

he fights the same way he always does. go watch the cotto fight. did he "impose his size" on cotto? nope

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
      he fights the same way he always does. go watch the cotto fight. did he "impose his size" on cotto? nope
      he did what he always does...good head movement....fought in spurts while making his punches count

I see nothing different in his skill, style or performance besides him NOT being in the ring with Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        do you think he could beat floyd at 155 if they fought in 8 weeks and training camp? Im sure you dont so STFU.....excuses are for losers

Canelo was dumb enough to try and outsmart the most adaptable fighter in the game and also the best counter fighter....he was stupid fighting like that...he should have imposed his size....but im sure you wont admit he fought with the dumbest plan ever versus a pure boxer
        What size? he wasn't the bigger man in the ring that night

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          What size? he wasn't the bigger man in the ring that night
          he wasnt mexican either....huh?

Comment

Canelo doesn't deserve another shot at Mayweather. And I'm one of the biggest Canelo fans on the site.

Comment

Floyd still has some losers salty I see...

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                His punch selection is only good against fighters who allow him to set his feet.Floyds upper body movement and counters confused Canelo and shut him down
                This Larry. How soon we forget how Lara made him look at times, and Lara isn't even close to being able to evade and attack at the same level as Mayweather.

For me the way he punches does him no favors. Everything comes with all he has, no real off-speed pitches. The way he was throwing them Mayweather was making him get off balance. If I was him I would work more on speed and work rate. He's never gonna outbox him.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                  This Larry. How soon we forget how Lara made him look at times, and Lara isn't even close to being able to evade and attack at the same level as Mayweather.

For me the way he punches does him no favors. Everything comes with all he has, no real off-speed pitches. The way he was throwing them Mayweather was making him get off balance. If I was him I would work more on speed and work rate. He's never gonna outbox him.
                  Am I the only one who has noticed that Canelo is clearly slower on his feet at 155 than he is at 152? Canelo certainly does seem to have more pop in his punches when he comes in heavier fight night but he is also clearly slower.

If Floyd fought Canelo at 155, yes Canelo would be stronger but he would also be a lot slower. Floyd still beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                    Am I the only one who has noticed that Canelo is clearly slower on his feet at 155 than he is at 152? Canelo certainly does seem to have more pop in his punches when he comes in heavier fight night but he is also clearly slower.

If Floyd fought Canelo at 155, yes Canelo would be stronger but he would also be a lot slower. Floyd still beats him.
                    Not at all man. I dunno if it was the oppostion just had that much better movement than him or what. Even in this last fight he had the better punches, but even Cotto basically escaped away from him and took some rounds, and this is an older Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      How conveniently you forget to explain how Canelo fight night weight was 165 against Floyd when he's normally on 170-175. That's because he had to lose muscle mass to make 152.
                      Good point man, the 152 definitely had an impact.

Fighters have a lot of difficulty losing the last pound or two so to have to lose an extra few it can have a very significant effect.

Comment

Working...
                      X