Which ATG fell from the top the quickest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which ATG fell from the top the quickest

Which ATG fell from the top the quickest,,,

my vote would be roy jones,,, he was in the running for the GOAT after the ruiz fight in spring of 2003, by end of 2004 he was shot and never had another big win.....

Jones as a Heavy was him "picking up the pennies" and feeding his ego! Its NOT him at his best thats easy to see, no one is suggesting that Ruiz was a super talent he was a good heavy who was fighting a very good Middle/LtHvy
    Is Jones all of a sudden a top twenty Heavy??? Ray

Comment

Tyson, easily. He had like 2 years worth of championship fights and that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Jones as a Heavy was him "picking up the pennies" and feeding his ego! Its NOT him at his best thats easy to see, no one is suggesting that Ruiz was a super talent he was a good heavy who was fighting a very good Middle/LtHvy
        Is Jones all of a sudden a top twenty Heavy??? Ray
        No, thats not the point,,

at the time jones beat ruiz for a heavy belt,, many people thought he was the best ever,,,
        and he was the legit p4p #1 king,,, but then he just dropped off and never had a big time win except for the very close win over tarver,, then he just fell off, very quickly,,,,,,

has anybody fallen off as fast as roy did

Comment

Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
          Tyson, easily. He had like 2 years worth of championship fights and that was it.
          I disagree,, I think mike's drop off was a slow decline,,,

he went from top of the world in 88 after the spinks fight

and wasnt completely done till lewis in 02,,

mike had alot of quality wins in between like ruddock, bruno 2, etc,,,,

mike had a very slow and painful to watch decline,,but not like roy who went from p4p#1 to has been in about 1 year...

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            I disagree,, I think mike's drop off was a slow decline,,,

he went from top of the world in 88 after the spinks fight

and wasnt completely done till lewis in 02,,

mike had alot of quality wins in between like ruddock, bruno 2, etc,,,,

mike had a very slow and painful to watch decline,,but not like roy who went from p4p#1 to has been in about 1 year...
            Roy Jones had been an ATG since '99 then he lost for real in 2005.

Tyson was an ATG in '89 and then lost shortly after and never recovered. Bruno 2 wasn't a good win lol

Comment

duran went from p4p fighter to despised in 4 months

Comment

My vote is also RJJ, he was 50-0, didnt really lose in the first Griffin fight, still better than Floyd's current 44-0, Roy Jones made a mistake challenging Tarver in a rematch, people who wanted to see Roy losses exaggarated on his first fight with Tarver thinking it was a close fight that warrants a rematch.

Comment

Salvador Sanchez

Comment

Holyfield became champ with 1 punch after cleaing out CW and was setting up fights with Tyson and having classics against Bowe before the heart problems began and he lost to Bowe and Moorer and had to retire for a while. Of cource it may not count since he came back strong.
                    Last edited by BKM-2010; 08-18-2013, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X