No announcement yet.

Floyd-Cotto Highlights Video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post

i gues u where looking for a vid where floyd wasnt eating jabs and body shots all night

sorry to disappoint u but there is none unless u remove cotto and just floyd in the highlight LMAO....
    It was a good/solid fight, Cotto had his moments, won 2-3 rounds. The video makes it look like it was a draw or 7-5 Floyd, and every body and their brother knows it wasn't, if they are being real and honest about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Didn't put on the weight correctly??? Oh but he did against Pacquiao, of course. Get outta here. Floyd is a just a better fighter. Marquez looked the exact same against Pac at 144 as he did against Floyd at 144. Floyd is just better, and it's not like he imposed his size on Marquez, he out boxed him the entire night.
      Lol stop it. I like floyd and even i see that was not the same Marquez. Marquez was in better shape for pacquiao, but it does not mean he belongs there in those higher weight classes.Huge difference in body compositions, Jmm is naturally smaller, even fights with a muffin top(gut) at 135 and up, you can't say he was at his best at 144lbs, thats wrong. The other guys who move up, like FLoyd and Pacquiao, fill in the weight very good. The only reason MArquez is in the higher weight classes is not because he "belongs there", but because thats where the opportunity is. His skill alone wins fights, but against floyd he needed the body to execute, as floyd comes in at his best, his opponents need to do the same, and that was not the case against Marquez, he was in there for the opportunity. Looked slow on his feet, and still does, though he looked quicker against Pacquiao.

Not saying it was a bad win, but it wasn't SO great as people make it out to be.

you're straight up tripping man

Comment

Originally posted by CasualBoxingFan View Post
        Lol stop it. I like floyd and even i see that was not the same Marquez. Marquez was in better shape for pacquiao, but it does not mean he belongs there in those higher weight classes.Huge difference in body compositions, Jmm is naturally smaller, even fights with a muffin top(gut) at 135 and up, you can't say he was at his best at 144lbs, thats wrong. The other guys who move up, like FLoyd and Pacquiao, fill in the weight very good. The only reason MArquez is in the higher weight classes is not because he "belongs there", but because thats where the opportunity is. His skill alone wins fights, but against floyd he needed the body to execute, as floyd comes in at his best, his opponents need to do the same, and that was not the case against Marquez, he was in there for the opportunity. Looked slow on his feet, and still does, though he looked quicker against Pacquiao.

Not saying it was a bad win, but it wasn't SO great as people make it out to be.

you're straight up tripping man
        Didn't say it was a great win, just said no one can honestly give the excuse "Oh well he trained better or put the weight on better, that's why he looked better at 144 against Pac", no it's not. The only difference was the fighter standing in the other corner, styles make fights, and Floyd would always beat Marquez, at any weight, hands down.

I was just saying Floyd should get some credit for dominating him at a weight he arguably just beat Pac at. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          That was a good highlight... even though some Mayweather fans probably won't like it as much as I did.

1 thing I don't like about Mayweather are his combinations. They look slow and unnatural.
          I don't see that at all, unless you've become too adapt at watching Marquez throw combinations

Comment

Cotto was in the fight and it was much closer than the floyd fans would have you think.

Marquez better combo puncher than Floyd every has been. And being Marquez 1st welterweight fight, Floyd couldn't even ko a featherweight even while trying too. Marquez clearly looked better against Pacquiao because he hired a conditioning coach, made a difference.

Comment

Didn't say it was a great win, just said no one can honestly give the excuse "Oh well he trained better or put the weight on better, that's why he looked better at 144 against Pac", no it's not. The only difference was the fighter standing in the other corner, styles make fights, and Floyd would always beat Marquez, at any weight, hands down.

I was just saying Floyd should get some credit for dominating him at a weight he arguably just beat Pac at. That's all.
              how can you argue this?

Comment

Originally posted by ANIMOSITY View Post
                how can you argue this?

So because he was more musclar in the third Pac fight, he was somehow a better fighter, quicker with better skills??? Look at both fights. Speed and skill wise, he was the same fighter.

Marquez arguably beats Pac at 144. Floyd whupped Marquez at 144, but should get no credit because Pac somehow fought the better Marquez at 144, because he put on more muscle the 2nd time around, thereofre Floyd gets no credit for it. You see how ridiculous that sounds???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVlKiwKB6QM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE2w4nJlk0Q

His speed, skills, overall ability, was the same, maybe even a little worse by the time 2011 rolled around. He looked just as slow, and was falling over himself and almost tripping himself to the ground at times during the Pac fight. But because he put on more muscle, he was a better fight that night. Get the f**k outta here. The difference is he couldn't even begin tot ry to do what he wanted to against Floyd, that's the difference.
                Last edited by 4Corners; 05-09-2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Nah, I think it was having lucky Justin Bieber walkin' him to the ring.

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                  Sorry if it's been posted already. Damn that right hook of Floyd won him the fight.

Comment

So because he was more musclar in the third Pac fight, he was somehow a better fighter, quicker with better skills??? Look at both fights. Speed and skill wise, he was the same fighter.

Marquez arguably beats Pac at 144. Floyd whupped Marquez at 144, but should get no credit because Pac somehow fought the better Marquez at 144, because he put on more muscle the 2nd time around, thereofre Floyd gets no credit for it. You see how ridiculous that sounds???
                    unbelievable.....

Comment

Originally posted by ANIMOSITY View Post
                      unbelievable.....
                      Watch both fights. Look at those videos posted, you are seriously going to tell me that speed and skill wise, Marquez was better against Pac than he was agianst Floyd in 09'??? Hell no.

Comment

Working...
                      X