Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ola Afolabi says Wlad is discriminated against in the US because of where he's from

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    How are they frowned upon?
    Are you really an idiot or do you just play one on boxing forums?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      "Klitschko too European for Americans" – Ola Afolabi

http://rt.com/sport/boxing/klitschko...ation-america/
      He has a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Macks View Post
        Theres an obvious agenda in American media when it comes to African American athletes. Im not going to pretend i know why it is, but you have to be blind not to see it.

Its not a coincidence that HW boxing is dead in the u.s now that theres a couple of white guys on top.
        I always said that when Wlad/Vitali retire that the "HW" Division will somehow be this magical place, in reality it will be 2 dudes who will punch each other in the face all night and get a KO and trade the belts around like they are tic-tacs, fans will see this action and be like OMG HW division so good so many exciting fights, these guys are Epic!

But you take those same guys with Wlad or Vitali and they get dominated.

People still havent realized that Wlad/Vitali make their opponents look bad, hard to fight HOF'ers when you make everyone look like a BUM.

Some dude was even arguing they need to retire so we can have some "exciting fights" despite knowing that those fighters will be a class down, he said "he doesnt care".

Comment

If the K-Bros were Wally and Victor from Kansas and spoke folksy American, they would be the biggest thing since sliced bread in America. Larry Merchant has said this many times. But Americans have been programmed to hate the "Russian" robots by Rocky movies and other pop culture media, which is why you get the racist caricatures of them with all the "I must break you" comments. The cold war is still on for many Americans.
          Last edited by ChopperRead; 07-13-2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

yep cause everything is about race

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
              Are you really an idiot or do you just play one on boxing forums?
              Boy that's one hell of a tough question I'm asking, huh? Did your brain short circuit while you were reading it?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Boy that's one hell of a tough question I'm asking, huh? Did your brain short circuit while you were reading it?
                You're either being obtuse intentionally trying be a smart-ass, or you're a flat-out idiot.

Comment

From The Ring magazine:

The perception of the Klitschkos in the U.S. – which once produced the greatest heavyweights -- probably also is skewed because they come from Ukraine.

Imagine if the Klitschkos – tall, good looking, college educated, so successful – were American. Rest assured that any perceived deficiencies would be overlooked on this side of the Atlantic. The brothers would get much more credit for what they’ve accomplished and probably enjoy star status here.

“They’d be on the cover of all the American magazines and no one would be complaining about the heavyweights,” Larry Merchant said.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/1...ve-some-credit

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
                    From The Ring magazine:

The perception of the Klitschkos in the U.S. – which once produced the greatest heavyweights -- probably also is skewed because they come from Ukraine.

Imagine if the Klitschkos – tall, good looking, college educated, so successful – were American. Rest assured that any perceived deficiencies would be overlooked on this side of the Atlantic. The brothers would get much more credit for what they’ve accomplished and probably enjoy star status here.

“They’d be on the cover of all the American magazines and no one would be complaining about the heavyweights,” Larry Merchant said.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/1...ve-some-credit
                    Very true!!!! Sickens me how the Klits get shitted on.

Comment

I think it also has to do with them not fighting in the US. So, they don't get that exposure.

Boxing isn't at the top of the popularity charts in the US. Hell, MMA is more popular in the US right now. So....

Boxing's middle of the road popularity + Ukraine born + Never fighting in the US = No popularity amongst the US.

So, it has nothing to do with being american or not. They only fight in Europe, as a result, they don't get the proper exposure needed to become popular in the states.

Comment

Working...
                      X