No announcement yet.

Me sparring former champ Gerry Penalosa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me sparring former champ Gerry Penalosa

I went two rounds with former two-time champ Gerry Penalosa today at his gym in Manila. He's 41 and hadn't hit anyone in four years, but he was too experienced for me and kicked my ass. Still, what other sports writer gets in the ring with the guys he writes about?

I don't remember you being so fat.

Comment

Man that was some good stuff. Gerry still has some good footwork and moves.

Comment

ROFL, Gerry was working it there. Goes to show how badly us regular folk would get beat by any fighter, faded, retired or "bum" status.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathiaz View Post
          Man that was some good stuff. Gerry still has some good footwork and moves.
          I've honestly never seen anything like it. I couldn't see where the punches were coming from, and every time I threw something, he'd hit me with a punch I couldn't see. And the body shots, holy **** man, felt like flames were gonna shoot out of my ass lol

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
            ROFL, Gerry was working it there. Goes to show how badly us regular folk would get beat by any fighter, faded, retired or "bum" status.
            I've sparred other champions and contenders like Mauricio Pastrana and Jair Jimenez, but Gerry P was just on another level. I really was lost in there, he'd slip out underneath a punch and I couldn't even find him.

Comment

Good Work !

Comment

Originally posted by AboutBillions View Post
                Good Work !
                haha! thats a funny ass sig

Comment

That looked like Pac against DLH

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    That looked like Pac against DLH
                    Getting hit in the body, all I thought was "Jeez man, this is what Jhonny Gonzalez felt?"

Comment

Working...
                    X