Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gesta Returns 7/14 in Cowboys Stadium; Title Shot Next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gesta Returns 7/14 in Cowboys Stadium; Title Shot Next?

Unbeaten lightweight Mercito “No Mercy” Gesta continued his march toward a world title shot with an eighth-round technical knockout of Oscar Cuero in the opener to the Brandon Rios-Richard Abril pay-per-view telecast Saturday night.

[Click Here To Read More]

Gesta is not ready or deserving of a title clash he should have to defeat another top prospect before he's handed that position.

His 0 will go though against Vazquez

Comment

No way he should get a title shot, but if he does he should fight Miguel Vazquez.

He reallys hould fight someone like John Molina or Hank Lundy first, in my opinion.

Comment

Gesta isnt anything special and everyone knows it, oh well, Arum is trying to milk the next pinoy here.

I dont know why Arum is also trying **** up Nonito's career by wasting him against Mijares.

I just hope Bob doesnt fix Pac-Bradley as well

Comment

Originally posted by Nonitard View Post
          Gesta isnt anything special and everyone knows it, oh well, Arum is trying to milk the next pinoy here.

I dont know why Arum is also trying **** up Nonito's career by wasting him against Mijares.

I just hope Bob doesnt fix Pac-Bradley as well
          Thank you. The first Nonito fan I've seen that's calling Donaire-Mijares what it is. I would have easily liked to see Donaire-Nishioka, or even Donaire-Terrazas. At least Terrazas beat Montiel. Mijares hasn't done s**t since 2008.

Gesta is average. For a sort of boxer-puncher, he gets hit way too much and doesn't have that great of power, he has decent power. He'll lose if they throw him in with Vazquez in July.

I don't see Gesta doing anything remotely close to what Donaire has done thus far, and lets not even talk about Pacquiao. It's like everyone thinks every fighter from the Philippines is going to be a Pacquiao or Donaire, it doesn't work like that. Is every fighter from America a Floyd Mayweather???? No.

I'd prefer to see Gesta mtched with someone like John Molina or Hank Lundy first. I think Lundy can beat him, and so can Molina.
          Last edited by 4Corners; 04-15-2012, 09:51 AM.

Comment

So who's the main event for 7/14?

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              So who's the main event for 7/14?
              Marquez-Rios still, sadly.

They should do......

Marquez-Judah......for the full WBO title
              Donaire-Mijares......crappy fight but oh well
              Alvarado-Rios......for a vacant WBA/IBF title possibly (Khan-Peterson winner will vacate probably and go to 147)
              Gesta-Molina......he shouldn't get a title shot yet and John Molina is a Top 10 LW

That's what I'd do.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                Marquez-Rios still, sadly.

They should do......

Marquez-Judah......for the full WBO title
                Donaire-Mijares......crappy fight but oh well
                Alvarado-Rios......for a vacant WBA/IBF title possibly (Khan-Peterson winner will vacate probably and go to 147)
                Gesta-Molina......he shouldn't get a title shot yet and John Molina is a Top 10 LW

That's what I'd do.
                So these guys have 3 months for recovery, training camp and fight, very unsual for the top tier guys.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                  So these guys have 3 months for recovery, training camp and fight, very unsual for the top tier guys.
                  That sounds like the plan I guess.

Judah fought in Fberuary, he can easily fight in July. Marquez didn't take too much punishment from Fedchenko. Alvarado got marked up a bit by Herrera, certainly not as bad as he busted Herrera up, but it's not like the cut he had in the Prescott fight. Still, unusual for Top guys to fight 3 months later.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                    That sounds like the plan I guess.

Judah fought in Fberuary, he can easily fight in July. Marquez didn't take too much punishment from Fedchenko. Alvarado got marked up a bit by Herrera, certainly not as bad as he busted Herrera up, but it's not like the cut he had in the Prescott fight. Still, unusual for Top guys to fight 3 months later.
                    You're right, I think Herrera was the only one to get cut last night. I guess they don't need much recovery time, except for Alvarado who was little swollen under the eye.

Comment

Working...
                    X