Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Boxing based off culture and race more so than any other sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wokingman View Post
    I live in North Philly, Philadelphia is kind of a rough old school kind of place. Growing up as a young n I had many fights stemming from the fact I was from one block and the older men wanted to see fights and what block was better. I think boxing stems the same kind of mentality.. It is the oldest sport I think.. At least it's on hieroglyphs.
    I have a similar background. I was born and raised in West Philadelphia. I wasn't fighting on the block, I usually spent most of my days on the playground (usually playing b-ball). But one time, a couple of guys came up to me (they were up to no good), and were always causing trouble in the neighborhood. It was only a little fight, but my mom got scared and me made move with my uncle and auntie in Bel Air.

Comment

Boxing, more than any other sport, is a sport of styles. Mexican style, Cuban style, slick American styles, ect.

Cultures really do influence styles, which has boxing as one of the more divided sports.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
        I have a similar background. I was born and raised in West Philadelphia. I wasn't fighting on the block, I usually spent most of my days on the playground (usually playing b-ball). But one time, a couple of guys came up to me (they were up to no good), and were always causing trouble in the neighborhood. It was only a little fight, but my mom got scared and me made move with my uncle and auntie in Bel Air.
        and ended up wifing jada, lucky you!

Comment

I don't really care about race/nationality, just don't be boring as hell when you fight.

Comment

Boxing has different schools and levels of talent more than anything and not all are created equal recent Cuban invasion of a few slaves that escaped the athlete slave trade has been traumatizing to many fans of the lower caste's of boxing schools who had never experienced such dominance, people will argue about this and that but in the end the winners always stay on top. The only people who try to get racial and bring out stereotypes are part of the often demoralized or loosing side in boxing which are the same people who would be break dancing and not say **** about anybody if their fighter won.

People need something to cling when demoralized that's why you see attacks on stupid **** and no real substance if you attack a fighter attack his skills and maybe provide a fighter who could topple them but when you cant legitimately do neither of those you are just stuck w an ahole who has no choice but to be an ahole .

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
              I don't really care about race/nationality, just don't be boring as hell when you fight.
              So you're not a Klitschko fan than, right?

Comment

I don't care where a fighter is from or what his race is. I only care about how he does in the ring. Unfortunately a lot of posters can't claim the same.

Comment

I'm Hispanic and born in the US. I tend to root for more US based fighters but I like all different types of fighters.

For example my favorite fighter is Mayweather, but for a very long time I liked Cotto just as much if not more. I also like B Hop, Trinidad, MAB, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    So you're not a Klitschko fan than, right?
                    I think he's a Paqtard. Like his pal Maniac he spends most of his time ripping black American fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post

arum is a jewnius

Comment

Working...
                      X