No announcement yet.

The Psychology Of Robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Psychology Of Robbery

Although immediately after the fight he was as shocked as everyone else to have been given the decision, Bradley has now convinced himself that he somehow legitimately won the Pacquiao fight. He's rewritten history in his mind.

It's a form self-delusion which isn't uncommon in boxers who get away with gift decisions - Rios convinced himself he beat Abril, Williams convinced himself he beat Lara, Cloud convinced himself he beat Campillo, Broner convinced himself he beat Ponce De Leon & Malignaggi, Helenius convinced himself he beat Chisora, Peterson (on PEDs, with help from a corrupt ref and corrupt judges) convinced himself he beat Khan, even Froch convinced himself he beat Dirrell.. etc..

Will Danny Garcia and his father Angel do the same and act as if they actually won against Herrera or, with the overwhelming majority of boxing fans proclaiming Herrera as the clear winner, will the Garcias admit that they clearly lost that fight?

The psychology of the robbery is such that even if the boxer who got the gift decision knows, at the time, that they lost the fight, after some time passes they will eventually brainwash themselves into thinking that they really won it and that everyone else must have it wrong apart from the judges who erroneously scored in their favor on the night.

They had open scoring during the fight so they new they were ahead . . . I don't think they were shocked they won. They were more disappointed in their showing or how they won. It was an ugly win and they expected a much easier fight. Everyone expected Garcia's fight to look like Canelo's fight. I know I did.

Comment

No, the Garcia clan will always claim they won. They're hard-headed.

Anyway, hopefully Herrera can get the Matthysse fight if Danny won't rematch him. Herrera is the champ at 140.

Comment

Working...
      X