Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rios- I don’t understand all the hype surrounding him!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
    He's the Margarito of the lightweights. He can take a ton of punishment and is a serious body puncher. I felt the same way you did until he walked through fire with Acosta. See if you can youtube that fight and it may change your mind. He wont be around long at this rate but its gonna be fun watching him til the end
    I have seen that fight, I do think he is a good fighter but what I'm trying to say is he would get beat by a good boxer!! Would you agree??

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
      I thought he was...

Ríos moves to 140, Khan embarrasses him. And I don't like Khan, but he's too good.
      This^^^^^^^

Comment

This is the most rational thread ive seen on nsb in weeks....but yeah he is overly hyped but at the same time always going to be in an exciting fight....

Comment

Rios is a good fighter. He was supposed to lose to Peterson in a big way and he ended up trouncing him, big points for the underdog win.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            If that was the case we would almost never have any world champions who were not slick tacticians.
            1. Floyd Mayweather Jr. (147)
            2. Manny Pacquiao (147)
            3. Sergio Martinez (160)
            4. Nonito Donaire (118)
            5. Juan Manuel Marquez (135)
            6. Andre Ward (168)
            7. Timothy Bradley (140)
            8. Wladimir Klitschko (Heavy)
            9. Yuriorkis Gamboa (126)
            10. Miguel Cotto (154)

Top 10 p4p, name me any brawlers on that list??

Comment

what hype? he fights on undercards and on showtime still. the small hype he does get is from forum posters. it's not like he's gary russell or adrian broner headlining cards on hbo against bums.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                It is a foolish mindset to think one style is superior to another, better fighters impose their styles on inferior ones.
                We could debate all day long regarding this issue I’m not saying brawling style of fighting does not get you anywhere in the sport of boxing but the point I’m trying to make is a boxer who follows the art and sweet science of boxing surpasses a brawlers, who does not go with the art or science, that’s why Ali was so good.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  what hype? he fights on undercards and on showtime still. the small hype he does get is from forum posters. it's not like he's gary russell or adrian broner headlining cards on hbo against bums.
                  Hype is sill hype my friend,, fans putting him in the same sentence a Mayweather and Pacquiao,, Also quote me if I'm wrong didn’t Arum say he could be fighting Pacquiao,, If that’s not hype then I don't know what is..

Comment

Originally posted by Box3r View Post
                    Hype is sill hype my friend,, fans putting him in the same sentence a Mayweather and Pacquiao,, Also quote me if I'm wrong didn’t Arum say he could be fighting Pacquiao,, If that’s not hype then I don't know what is..
                    after broner beat a complete tomato can there were about ten threads about how he's the next mayweather etc....why don't you focus on that hype. arum wants all his fighters to fight pac or chavez jr etc...just like golden boy wants all their fighters to fight mayweather. that's just promoting.

Comment

Originally posted by Box3r View Post
                      lmao who the **** is putting Rios in the same sentence as Floyd or Pacquiao? Looks like you're just looking for any little thing to hate on Rios.

Oh wow, Bob Arum of all people said Rios might one day fight Pacquiao. So unheard of a promoter mentioning one of his up and coming guys with a big star to get him a little publicity.

Comment

Working...
                      X