Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto Can Fight A Washed Up Mayorga, Why Can't Martinez Fight Lee?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Cotto Can Fight A Washed Up Mayorga, Why Can't Martinez Fight Lee?

Andy Lee would kick the ever living **** out of whatever is left of Ricardo Mayorga.

It seems a little ridiculous that HBO will let Cotto get away with taking a fight where the result is a foregone conclusion just cause the opponent smokes, drinks and runs his mouth like he's Amir Khan with brain damage.

Why such hypocrisy when it comes to Martinez?

Just cause he isn't a huge name himself he is basically being forced into taking nothing but the biggest fights while guys like Cotto, who is damaged goods himself, have the option of beating up on nobodies like Mayorga or Wolak.

I think the blame, like so many of HBO's problems, goes back to their output deal with GBP.

As a result of that output deal they have consistently delivered ****ty fights that nobody wants to see, and because of that the onus gets puts on Non-GBP fighters like Sergio Martinez to pick up the slack.

It's like they saying to Sergio, "Sorry, the easy fights are only available to GBP fighters, and out little dip**** dicksucker Andre Berto, you're gonna have to fight the very best to help us make up for that."

I agree.

Lee could also be a good event too, if they can mug off the misty-eyed 18th generation American 'Irish' idiots to turning up for Lee.

Martinez deserves an easier night before going at it again. The guy is golden.

Comment

Mayorga has a name and he's a character, a bad guy that people will watch.

It's not right, but sometimes that's the way it works unfortunately.

Comment

As far as im concerned Martinez has earned an "easy" fight

Comment

Pirog should be who Martinez is going after not Andy Lee who is complete trash as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            Mayorga has a name and he's a character, a bad guy that people will watch.

It's not right, but sometimes that's the way it works unfortunately.
            Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
            As far as im concerned Martinez has earned an "easy" fight

Mayorga is a character true, and Martinez has delivered 5 consecutive dominating performances on HBO.

So why not let Martinez fight Mayorga and make Cotto earn his paycheck?

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
              Pirog should be who Martinez is going after not Andy Lee who is complete trash as a fighter.
              Pirog don't want none of Sergio. If he did Sergio would happily accept.

If you think beating Danny Jacobs means a fighter is ready to conquer the world that's just funny.

Pirog has a right to earn some real world class experience before getting fed to Sergio and getting eaten alive. He's no more ready for that fight than Zbik or Golovkin right now.

Comment

well, correct me if I'm wrong but the Cotto fight will be on a top rank PPV, not on HBO...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  Mayorga is a character true, and Martinez has delivered 5 consecutive dominating performances on HBO.

So why not let Martinez fight Mayorga and make Cotto earn his paycheck?
                  I guess they could do yeah. Still the sound of Martinez vs Mayorga does nothing, Serg would REALLY embaress him! Where as with Cotto i think they make a better fight stylistically plus there is always the chance Mayorga still cracks enough to hurt Miguel who people view as damaged goods and who we dont know if he can handle a shot at 154 really. I hear u tho man

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                    so Sergio has to face a killer every single fight but Floyd can fight whoever?

Comment

Working...
                    X