Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs ACTIVE Cory Spinks at 154lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nobody is jsut going to outbox floyd for 12 rounds unless he is older and hes fighting a younger better version of himself. spinxs is neither. nor faster nor a better boxer or hits harder or more accurate. it would been a tough fight at first because spinks southpaw and style but i have no doubts floyds busts him up in the end

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
      I did, hence why I believe it would be a very boring fight. Neither guy likes to be the enforcer so you'd have rounds where both are just being real careful with one guy landing a shot and the other landing a shot, but never actually being aggressive to make it a fight. I've seen enough fights with Spinks to know you're not going to get an exciting fight. At least Floyd will make it somewhat entertaining prior to the bell ringing (and I don't mean Floyd would fight a terrible fight either, just very lackluster).
      How has Floyd fought all the lefties in his career and why would he be extra careful with a light hitting Spinks? Floyd is not a strictly outside fighter which is what Spinks is basically, the best way for Floyd to beat Spinks is to be more aggressive and Floyd generally chooses the fight that benefits him. Why would Floyd just choose to let Spinks be comforatable and fight his fight when that never really happeand.

Both Spinks-Judah fights were straight although Judah is left handed I am pretty sure Floyd can find a way to be effective.

Also keep in mind how both are pretty big in the hip-hop community so Floyd and Spinks would probably want to be impressive.

I don't think it would be the greatest fight in history but I think this fight would exceed most everyones expectations which would be pretty low.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
        Who would you have picked to win? This is the same Spinks that arguably beat a prime Jermain Taylor. If Floyd beat him then his JMW resume would be pretty strong, and that could partially make up for his WW resume being so weak.
        howszabout the same spinks that lost to latimore but got the w?

Comment

Working...
        X