No announcement yet.

Naseem Hamed, Marco Anthonio Barrera Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snootz86 View Post
    Makes you wonder what boxing scene is coming to when a guy who held 3 out of 4 belts in 1 division after beating quite a few former/current champions is called a fraud and exposed..

Would have been 4 belts by the way but for the WBA which i think would have been a first..

Funny how Tyson can be prime when he is like 18-22 or something yet when someone suggest Hamed Prime was way before Barrera people laugh at him.
    Thats because Mike Tyson got drugged out, went to prison, Cut ties with his original Trainers and trained like 2-3 weeks before every fight after Prison. His Physical Prime was after Prison but his mental and boxing prime was Before.

So dont compare Naz to Mike. it aint even a comparision.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
      Excuses, excuses....

What makes a fighter great isn't just the physical, it's his dedication and his mental toughness.

I don't have pity for a guy who was so cocky, that thought he didn't need to train for the biggest fight of his career. Also, I don't buy that he was past his prime, just in against a legend.

Barerra > Princess all day every day and it's an insult to Barrera and the sport to make up bull**** excuses for some has been, whiny little baby who was so full of himself and believed he was the greatest thing since sliced bread that at the first moment that someone didn't crumble in his presence and actually fought back he showed his true colors......yellow.

Fuk Nazeem, I'm sick of people bringing him up like he was some God or something. He is like Judha, a great physical talent that didn't have the maturity or intelligence to understand what was at his doorstep in the game of boxing.

That's why MEN like Barrera and Salvador Sanchez don't need "swagger" to win or convince themselves how great they are, they just show it in the ring.
      exactly!!!!!!!!! i Used to want to throw popcorn or soda at him when i seen his Entrance to the ring. And i was only like 8 years old watching it back then hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
        Let me put it in a way you can understand because you calling me stupid is as stupid as you not understanding my point.

It's like if I go into a fight and say, well the reason I lost was because I didn't train.......

Well that has to do with your MENTAL TOUGHNESS AND DEDICATION. It's not a fukin excuse, it's the fact your a fat lazy fuk who didn't train. I mean, you know how many "could have beens" there are in sports? The only thing that seperates them from the great ones is the fact that the great ones were dedicated. It's not a contradiction, your just trying to make an excuse of why he was beaten like a child in the ring.

A prime Naz beats Barrera?? This alone makes you look like an idiot, seriously. As I said before, Princess Nazeem and Marco Antonio Barrera don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as far as I'm concerned.

As far as taking Barerra's best, Barrera actually never landed his best shot in that fight. Even Manny Stewart said that the shots were "exaggerated" because of the princess head movement after the shot.

He was tagged but by no means with Barerras best, solid shot. He was a very slick fighter and it was very hard to hit Naz with something solid.

He just ran into a legend, give it up. Don't tell me about what could have been or what might have happened. Naz is a punk, I'm sick of hearing about this bum and it's embarassing that these threads keep coming up every 2 weeks or so about this chump.
        Game, set, match.

Close thread.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
          Well it is because the real scores are two 116-112 and 117-111 because Barrera had a point deducted. and i think the 177-111 is right because i dont see how Naz won more then 3 rounds.
          No the real scores are what i posted cause Barrera is a dirty ****

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
            Are you completely stupid or something?
            You say "What makes a fighter great isn't just the physical, it's his dedication and his mental toughness."
            Your completely contradicting yourself!
            You say what makes a great fighter is dedication then in the next breathe you say he deserves to lose cos he didnt train?
            Thats Exactly what im sayin!!
            Man you are fcukin ******ed.
            He had no dedication to the sport at the time thats why he lost,
            the naz that fought Robinson would of eating barerra alive!

And you say aswell a great fighter is tough?
            He took some unbelivable shots off barerra and if he proved anything in that fight was that he had a hell of a chin more then anything,
            he was a tough fcuker he took Barerra best and stood strong and never went down
            What he is saying is that Dedication and Toughness is parts of how great a fighter is. Barrera was Naz first BIG TIME fighter he was really facing. He was the Best fighter Naz faced in his career at that time, and Naz knew it. But he let his ego get to him and got Out classed. So why would a boxer, who is a boxer ,fighting his biggest challenge yet, not be dedicated.??? that sounds dumb to me. but it doesnt to you. so it's iight.

Comment

Originally posted by snootz86 View Post
              No the real scores are what i posted cause Barrera is a dirty ****
              WEll if naz didn't hold onto Barrera like a lil *****, he wouldn't have gotten slammed into the Ring Post. HAHA

Comment

The Whole fight manny was telling Naz he was being outboxed. Like every round he was telling him Barrera won the round. Then with a couple rounds to go, i think every trainer is suppose to tell there boxer what they have to do to win. Manny knew he had to KNOCK out Barrera to win.
                And Every fighter after there big payday is after the Money. Dont give Naz and excuse because you SAY he was just in it for the Money. De la Hoya is in it for the money, Bernard Hopkins is in it for the money, Mosley, Mayweather, Pacquiao, etc. Everybody wants to get paid, but to get those big pay days you have to fight the best fighters available, and Naz lost to the best fighter he ever faced. Thats a fact, and if they fought 10 times, Barrera would win all 10.
                Firstly im not making any excuses for naz as i stated earlier i personally dont like him, anyone with that kind of talent and abuses it like he did,
                is an absolute dickhead in my book.
                Off course manny was gonna tell him to try KO him you misunderstood what i was trying to say,
                Manny told him to go for the KO when naz had already been trying for the KO from the first round.
                He was a technically one of a kind gifted quick boxer,
                but he let the power get to his head.
                Im not making excuses he was an idiot for doing so

Comment

The Whole fight manny was telling Naz he was being outboxed. Like every round he was telling him Barrera won the round. Then with a couple rounds to go, i think every trainer is suppose to tell there boxer what they have to do to win. Manny knew he had to KNOCK out Barrera to win.
                  And Every fighter after there big payday is after the Money. Dont give Naz and excuse because you SAY he was just in it for the Money. De la Hoya is in it for the money, Bernard Hopkins is in it for the money, Mosley, Mayweather, Pacquiao, etc. Everybody wants to get paid, but to get those big pay days you have to fight the best fighters available, and Naz lost to the best fighter he ever faced. Thats a fact, and if they fought 10 times, Barrera would win all 10.
                  You can't talk sense into a person with NO sense. this fool thinks a prime Nz destroys Barrera....

I agree, what Manny Stewart said was perfect for him BECAUSE HE WAS LOSING THE FIGHT. He understood that the princess was behind and needed a KO to win anyway. Which by the way was his only chance to beat Barrera because if they fight 1000 times, he beats him 1000 times all over again.

Comment

Working...
                  X