10 pimentos/allspice berries
    salt and pepper
    garlic
    how much scotch bonnet/habanero you can handle
    pepper sauce if you want

stuff the fish with seasoning, rap with foil and grill/roast the fish

Comment

• Your relatively cheap vegetarian post-workout meal:

Rice, peas, onions, sweet corn, chickpeas, red kidney beans, grilled Aubergine, courgettes cooked on hob, 2 boiled eggs, plain yogurt.

It's delicious trust me. I'll upload pic next time I make it which is prob this weekend.

Comment

• thanks in advance

Comment

• Anyone have vegetarian meal suggestions for a post workout meal? I got a veggie cookbook for Xmas but it's ****.

Comment

• Easy Vegan Recipes.

Sweet Potato, Spinach & Lentil Dahl (serves 2)

Ingredients:

100g red lentils
            450ml vegetable stock
            1 small onion , grated or finely chopped
            2 tomatoes , chopped
            ½ tsp turmeric
            1 tsp garam masala
            1 red chilli , finely chopped
            1 large sweet potato , cut into small pieces
            2 handfuls young leaf spinach , shredded

Cooking:

Put all the ingredients except the sweet potato and spinach in a pan, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Add the sweet potato and cook until tender, another 10-12 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook for a minute until wilted.

I usually triple the quan****** with this one for freezing. I add cooked beans and sometimes substitute the sweet potato for butternut squash. It's pretty versatile so you could swap the garam masala & tumeric for jerk seasoning to change it up.

Spiced Carrot & Lentil Soup (serves 4)

Ingredients:

2 tsp cumin seeds
            pinch chilli flakes
            600g carrots, washed and coarsely grated (no need to peel)
            140g split red lentils
            1l hot vegetable stock (from a cube is fine)
            125ml coconut milk

Cooking:

Heat a large saucepan and dry-fry the cumin seeds and chilli flakes for 1 min, or until they start to jump around the pan and release their aromas. Scoop out about half of the seeds with a spoon and set aside. Add the carrot, lentils, stock and coconut milk to the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 mins until the lentils have swollen and softened.

Whizz the soup with a stick blender or in a food processor until smooth (or leave it chunky if you prefer). Finish with a sprinkling of the reserved toasted spices.

This one I double the quan******.

Comment

• porridge aint that bad and gives quality energy, i top it with milled linseed with various seeds

Comment

• Cheap Fighter Food (sante fe rice n beans)

fairy cheap and extremely effective

1. grill chicken breast(s) with olive oil
                2. canned black beans
                3. brown rice
                4. frozen corn (or fresh)
                5. can of green chiles
                6. melted cheese (i use pepper jack)
                7. cilantro

There could be many variations of this dish, pico de gallo and green onions work great. Have fun finding new ways to recreate sante fe style rice n beans - you get the idea.

Comment

• I'll re-post this one in here. I've found it to be a good filling breakfast.

Butternut Blueberry Breakfast

Ingredients:
                  1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped into cubes
                  2 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into pieces. I tend to use Pink Lady Apples
                  1 tsp cinnamon
                  1 tsp nutmeg
                  180 ml water or 3/4 cup

For the topping: 2 cups Frozen blueberries (I use a mix that has different types of frozen berries and currants instead. It reduces the cost and I prefer the taste), 1/2 cup walnut pieces, 1/2 cup dried currants and raisins. (If you're trying to cut weight leave out the dried currants and raisins). I often add some milled linseed/flaxseed for omega-3.

Put the main ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Mash with a potato masher, leaving it slightly chunky.

Heat the ingredients for topping, stirring well then add it to the main mix.

The recipe says to serve 4. I tend to get 2 portions out of it.

Nutritional Info (per serving with blueberries minus the flaxseed): Calories 280; Protein 6g; Carbs 49g; Total fat 10.5g; Saturated fat 1.1g; Sodium 9mg; Fiber 8g; Beta-carotene 4,834ug; Vitamin C 30mg, Calcium 96mg; Iron 2mg; Folate 54ug; Magnesiun 76mg; Zinc 0.7mg; Selenium 1ug

I usually double up on the main ingredients then store in the fridge so it's there ready, add the topping and put in the microwave.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X