Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNN's Josh Gross' All Time Top 10 MMA fighters

CNN's Josh Gross posted his all time top 10 MMA fighter list:

10) Randy Couture
    Plenty of people would disagree with his inclusion. A record of 16-10 doesn't sit well. But every fight has been a tough one, and he's the ultimate competitor.

9) Chuck Liddell
    MMA's first crossover star in the U.S., and a pretty darn good light heavyweight.

8) Mark Coleman
    His dominance marked a shift in eras. In his prime there may not have been a more vicious heavyweight.

7) Kazushi Sakuraba
    Improvisation and artistry in the ring at its best.

6) Dan Henderson
    Just look at his record. He's held virtually every title you could want. And he's done it for over a decade.

5) Georges St. Pierre
    Next-gen talent, focus, training. He could top this list eventually.

4) Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
    Changed the perception of how heavyweights can fight. One of the toughest men in the sport.

3) Matt Hughes
    The dominant welterweight during MMA's first 15 years. GSP will pass him.

2) Anderson Silva
    So good he can look bored. He embarrasses excellent fighters.

1) Fedor Emelianenko
    He's the best fighter I've ever seen in MMA
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....10/index.html

I'm just glad Sakuraba's on the list.

No Wanderlei Silva? What a joke. When have any of the folks in the list gone 14 (Really 16, the loss to Mark Hunt was BS) straight, with 12 KO stoppages? And held the PRIDE Middleweight title for what, four years? Nobody wanted to fight Wanderlei. The dude was a terror and should be placed on any Top 10 GOAT list in MMA.

Glad to see he recognizes Fedor as the king though and I'm also glad that Hendo is on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
      No Wanderlei Silva? What a joke. When have any of the folks in the list gone 14 (Really 16, the loss to Mark Hunt was BS) straight, with 12 KO stoppages? And held the PRIDE Middleweight title for what, four years? Nobody wanted to fight Wanderlei. The dude was a terror and should be placed on any Top 10 GOAT list in MMA.

Glad to see he recognizes Fedor as the king though and I'm also glad that Hendo is on there.
      Co-sign, this is ridiculous, Wanderlei is a top 5 ATG. He doesn't put Ortiz, Shamrock in it. My list would be

10)Matt Hughes

9) Tito Ortiz

8) Chuck Liddell

7) Ken Shamrock

6) Kazushi Sakuraba

5) Randy Couture

4) Wanderlei Silva

3) Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

2) Royce Gracie

1) Fedor Emelianenko

Comment

If he's gonna include Randy then Tito is a must imo. Gross is great though, miss him being on Sherdog Radio

Comment

Working...
        X