No announcement yet.

Marquez is to Barrera and Morales what Hopkins is to Jones and Toney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez is to Barrera and Morales what Hopkins is to Jones and Toney

I know no one will care because the thread doesn't have Pacquiao or Mayweather in the title.

But I'm old enough to see them in their primes.

Morales and Barrera were way better than Marquez.

Bernard wasn't shiet compared to Roy and James.

Only thing Hopkins and Marquez was better at was aging.

Their bodies handled PEDs better?

If you think Marquez and Hopkins was better than Barrera, Morales, Jones and Toney.....boxing is not your sport.

That is all.

More like if I think JMM is better than Barrera, it's just my opinion. I know you really want people to bite at your PEDs comment, but that won't be me, "im too swift up on my toes to be caught up with you hoes" (snoops voice)

Comment

I always thought Barrera was a lil overrated as far as being an ATG but I see what you mean....Morales and Barrera=better known high profiled contemporaries like Jones and Toney...Marquez is the guy that stayed world class longer and proved his worth while the other guys fell off like Hopkins is doing.

Pretty accurate...mARQUEZ and Morales are even...Barrera just below...they both beat him and defeated fighters MAB couldnt get by

Comment

It would have been great if both had fought Marquez during their prime years at featherweight.

Marquez ended up beating Barerra at Jr. Lightweight while both were fighting out of their best weight class. Still MAB held a belt and successfully defended it a few times.

Comment

exactly, Marquez always in the shadow of those two almost his entire career but will be considered higher from them in ATG list.

but still pick morales if they fight in early 2000's.

Comment

Marquez is on the level of Barrera and morales,, he was just in the shadows for years

Hopkins isnt on a Roy jones level, but I would say Hopkins is close to toney..

Comment

Bad reference seeing as how Jones beat them both head to head when it mattered.

Comment

Marquez is better than Morales and Barrera. Hopkins is better than Toney.

Comment

if anyone saw the marquez vs barrera fight from a neutral standpoint, you have to agree that barrera won, no doubt... they gave the W to marquez tho

Comment

Originally posted by 5.4ever View Post
                    if anyone saw the marquez vs barrera fight from a neutral standpoint, you have to agree that barrera won, no doubt... they gave the W to marquez tho
                    Very neutral standpoint

Comment

Working...
                    X